Time for paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
Hey everyone! I was wondering if/when I would share this but I really enjoy all the help and feel like this is such a community of friends and great people.

without going into too much detail I’ve been a bit quiet lately due to spending some time in the hospital with my wife who is 30 weeks pregnant with our son Weston. Few weeks ago she had to get a surgery because of risk of pre term labor/delivery. (Something we unfortunately went through last year with our twin daughters who passed but that’s another story for another time)  she is Now on bed rest and in a hospital 4 hours away from home so I am traveling back and forth to work and get the house ready for whatever may come. 
That being said I spent some time on the car today getting things ready to go because since I don’t have the time, I’m going to have someone go ahead and paint it for me now. 

as you may of seen, my dad has been helping me a lot and was going to paint it, but he is helping out at my work in my place while I’m out. 

anyways, I’m looking forward to it being green, we won’t worry about the blackout right now I just wanna cover up primer and get it al sealed up and cleared so I can move it out of his garage in case I’m gone for a couple months.

thanks a lot for all the help and hoping the next video I post will be of it all one color ha!

Family comes first - the car will always be there waiting.  Just make sure that you see some of the painters work so you know what  to expect.  Will say a prayer that all goes well for your wife and that you are blessed with a healthy son.   

Family comes first - the car will always be there waiting.  Just make sure that you see some of the painters work so you know what  to expect.  Will say a prayer that all goes well for your wife and that you are blessed with a healthy son.   
 I'll second that on both counts.

My prayers for all of you.   I sincerely hope the best.  I was going to offer to help but looked where you are....that is a bit far.  Let me know if you need anything other than prayers.

Best wishes to you and your family. I hope everything goes well.

Family does come first. The car will still be there when you can get back to it. (And so will we... waiting for an update)

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Family is first - my car waited for years... 4 children later I am in again, more than ever before, so don't worry... It will wait for you! 

I wish your wife and you all the best - we managed it well too 6 weeks before and got an awesome and sweet son, Aaron. Take care of each other and enjoy the first time together! 

We and your car will wait until it's the time! 

Take care, our prayers are with you! 

Man thank you all so much for the kind words and support. I dropped the car off at the painter yesterday I can’t wait to share pics with everyone! 

im headed back up to anchorage to be with my wife and soon enough we will have our son which I’m so ready for, 

appreciate everyone! 

Wow—definitely family first.  Best of luck and prayers for your wife and baby.  The car will wait.  I know this from experience, come see all my unfinished projects and then look at my kids’ race cars that are completed/ongoing race prep....and their massive pile of trophies.  We’ve made a jillion memories Soap Box Derby racing all over the United States, and I wouldn’t trade any of those memories for the time I gave up on my own stuff. 

Prayers!

Back