Weight and balance?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see people load a car on car trailer backwards which is scary. That buss is pretty heavy probably ok. My brother in law died in crash caused by them loading too much camping gear in the back of boat on trailer. At 35 mph started to fish tail and turned his chevy PU sideways and hit a bank. He would not wear a seat belt so he went through the windshield and steering wheel crushed his chest died immediately. His wife and his brother also where thrown out and barely survived. His mother was behind them when it happened and saw it all.

Because the front of the Jeep and engine are over the rear axle of the bus, it shouldn't be too bad. The length of the bus and the engine in the front of the bus are more than enough to counterbalance the rear of the Jeep, which probably weighs less than the shell of the bus would have. That was probably a 50 or 60 passenger bus, so the potential passenger load would have required a frame and rear axle that would have been more than enough to support the weight of the Jeep. I'm guessing the interior of the bus has been converted into living quarters, so the weight there would be minimal.

My favorite was one I actually saw...a guy was hauling a pickup truck on a trailer. Instead of securing the straps to the suspesnion (lower control arms/tires and rear axle) he ran big ratcheting tie down straps over the hood and the bed. Every dip or bump and the pickup would move up and down and the straps would loosen...and the truck would shift.

Back