NOS Vapor Canister Hose on Ebay sold for $172.50 + shipping

The other day I was bouncing around E-bay and found a NOS vapor canister hose that was for 73. I thought they were all the same but maybe not. So I bid on it and dropped out at $20.00, I am cheap, lol. Got notice in email this morning it sold for $172.50 plus the shipping. WOW, he must be doing a concourse restore of something. That is crazy price I think. Here is link does not look like a joke bidder either. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-FORD-D4ZZ-9D667-A-1973-79-MUSTANG-VAPOR-STORAGE-CANNISTER-HOSE-/324601727679?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Wow, 

that is one high price for a little paper and aluminum hose. I like that stuff but in these price ranges I am out, that is over the top. I am satified enough with my aluminum hose without the black paper around... 20 bucks, that would have been ok for me. Ok, 21 to outdrive you *looool* 

But serios, as I mentioned in my answer to your comment in my restoration thread, David, for me the concourse stuff has it's end when it's climbing such unreasonable regions. If it is restore-worthy, I restore it. If I can find a new and equal substitute at minimum, which is reliable, and the original part is destroyed, I will buy it. If not, well, it's difficult sometimes... And I have a big familiy, you know :thumb:

But congratz to the winner - he got what many searches for years now :whistling:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Posted (edited)

Here is another one at top of that: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164830850762?epid=11003223665&hash=item2660af2eca:g:VowAAOSwnyFc9vrQ

And here is one for all the cheapos outside here :biggrin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162254825492?hash=item25c7242814:g:HykAAOSwo4pYD8bf

Still a little bit pricey for me to Germany for a little hose with aproximately up to 70 - 80 bucks in result... 

My own hose: 

IMG_20210301_190511.thumb.jpg.4c428c7736feccf263ebc8b85a1323c0.jpg

Edited by timachone

Tim

Wow so clean Tim!! 

To me, if you go for originality and buy that tube for so much, you should buy a nice bin too, and put it next to the car at a show with it and canister in it.
Kuz that's where all the original ones went together with rev limiters and other stuffs that owners got rid of right away. True originality :D

• LOL 1

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

9 hours ago, Fabrice said:

Wow so clean Tim!! 

To me, if you go for originality and buy that tube for so much, you should buy a nice bin too, and put it next to the car at a show with it and canister in it.
Kuz that's where all the original ones went together with rev limiters and other stuffs that owners got rid of right away. True originality :D

:rofl:

Thanks, Fabrice!

I like my tube and I like them more on the car... :biggrin::whistling:

But you're right - the real originality would be to get rid of all that original stuff like air cleaners, pollution stuff and chrome all the rest shortly after buying the car new from the dealers. Those were the times... Now it's different and you are searching the interweb for finding a small black hose, decals, clips and all the other stuff. Back then they toss it out, even at the dealerships, when they were 10 years and so over... 

Tim

• 2 weeks later...