Mystery Ford Dealership Form

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galucha

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe 302
Was looking through some of the paperwork that came with my car and I've always wondered what this form is. I assume it's some kind of dealer invoice? But there's not much info on it. There's 2 dates on it: 11/20/70 and 10/30/71. According to the Marti report I have, the build date for my car matches up with the first date, 11/20/70. Maybe the 10/30/71 date is when my car was actually sold?

PSX_20210510_121527.jpg

PSX_20210510_121541.jpg

May be a claim form for a warranty or recall. The 71s had a recall on the strut rod crossmember, where it wasn't welded sufficiently and could separate from the frame rail(s). The solution was to weld the snot out of it. My Mach has some piles of booger weld that clearly were not factory. 

May be a claim form for a warranty or recall. The 71s had a recall on the strut rod crossmember, where it wasn't welded sufficiently and could separate from the frame rail(s). The solution was to weld the snot out of it. My Mach has some piles of booger weld that clearly were not factory. 
Makes sense. I have noticed a lot of weld buildup around that area on the crossmember.

Back