WTF ! Guitar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
I'm wanting to get my hands on this 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203307668650    The Epiphone Prophecy Extura Explorer Guitar Husk Black Tiger Burst  thru neck  :dancebanana:  

Because of my Luthier skills, I can make that super awesome. 

The reason I'm NOT going for it is because they want more than half the value to ship it to UK -- I've shipped bigger bulkier stuff to UK than this at $180 less...WTF mk1 ! ! ! !  :goodjob:
It says it is in "Pencil-Vania" .... sounds like a transvestite bar for writing implements that have a blood thirst ...WTF mk2  :bravo:
They say its at "State College" Pencilvania... so it's got a Diploma - so what !  ! ! ! ! WTF mk3  :good_one:

You guys have it all over there -- the best cars, Nascar, Casket aged Bourbon Whisky, Dodge Challengers, Hooters, Ford Mustangs .....and what have we got ? 

... Cricket, Wine that will turn you inside out, Jaaagwaars and 180,000 square miles of the most boring people on the planet.  :classic_wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about guitars, myself...but I don't think you should be so hard on your homeland. Nascar?...four turns and a couple straights...that's 'once around the block, James". Hooters?...over priced and I don't car for chicken wings...look at the girls and you get asked to leave (Who are they kidding, really?). You get British Touring Car racing, Jensen Interceptors (or anything Lotus/Chapman/Clark), Hesketh Vampire motorbikes (just for the name), Monty Python...and spotted dick. And maybe Bovril.

...and Moonbase Alpha.

Don't forget the motorcycles, like Triumph, Norton (when they were made in England), and BSA.

NASCAR has managed to make it a very boring spectator sport, ranks right up there with watching golf and tennis. I never used to miss watching one on the TV, now maybe one out of every 5 or 6 races.

The coolest thing about NASCAR is its roots - it would get a lot more interesting if they all went back to running 'shine.

I can just see the "Revenuer Race Team"..with their distinctive blue racing light.....and Thunder Road as the Nascar theme song played at the beginning of every race by a guest blues or rockabilly guitarist (to bring this back around to guitars...)

My favorite tweet about ‘Merica ever:

4BB4B2F7-7599-4953-9F54-5BD853085846.jpeg

Ahhh...your British women have the best accents in the world, except perhaps the Ozzie ones.

You also have the best documented history over the past 1500 years, making England/GB the envy of the world of historians.  I've always wanted to travel to England: there is so much to see (and pubs to visit).

I also laughed at the NASCAR. I was working in engine shop back in the 60's and the owner's brother Jack Ingram was big into NASCAR Sportsman racing. That is your local tracks and he had won the national championship 7 years in a row. He decided to build a car and run NASCAR Grand National it was called back then. Was about 1968 or so. He built a Chevelle and went to Charlotte for his first race in the big time. He qualified for the pole position and David Pearson was next. He got called into the office and Bill France was there along with the track owner. Jack said he sat down and Bill told him he had done a great job willing the pole but he needed to understand that David Pearson would lead the first lap. Jack got up and left the office. Back then especially if you were a independent you only had a couple sets of tires, one on the car and 4 spares. As you changed wheels you took back to the Goodyear trailer and they put new tires on. Well Jack takes off at the drop of the green flag and leads the first lap and stays in the lead until time to come in for gas and tires. He pits and gets filled up and tires and goes back out in the lead again. They had no radios back then and when time to pit again Jack comes in to his pit and the crew is sitting on the wall. When they took his first set of tires to Goodyear to get new ones mounted Bill France had told Goodyear not to mount him any more tires. So Jack pulled behind the wall leading the race. Politics is what drives NASCAR not who is best. They took half the seats out at Charlotte and still cannot sell 1/4 of what is left. They even painted the seats different colors so on TV it is not so obvious they are empty. I attended my last NASCAR race in 1969 at Talladaga Alabama. That was the first race there. The drivers had formed a union to try to pull Bill France off his thrown. The track was a mess. Had wire sticking out of pavement, guard rails lapped the wrong way and was not finished. Goodyear had also failed at getting a tire that would stay together at the speeds they ran there so blowing them up over and over. Richard Petty was the head of the Union and they voted to not race and loaded up and most big names left the track. A few of the independents stayed and Bill France let the NASCAR version of Trans Am run with those that did stay, so mustang a camaros on the track. So on race day Richard Brickhouse won the race which was not much of a race. NASCAR sent a letter of apology, that I have somewhere, with 4 tickets to the next race at Tallagaga and I never used them.
Next year every car on the track will have to run the same chassis that will be built by one of the Trans Am II race car owners, forget his name like a Mexican name. It is getting to be like box stock go kart racing. I doubt they last much longer. It should be STOCK car racing not purpose built racing.
So take NASCAR off your list nothing to brag about having.

So take NASCAR off your list nothing to brag about having.
Hi 

I actually love watching Nascar and actually I had the privilege of driving the 29 Cartoon Network car at Texas Motor Speedway (Team Texas)  :classic_blink:  ...and I'm a Limey Brit  :whistling:

so,  you guys might want to look at the heritage & history again --- Plus the vehicle, lubricant and tyre development that it has achieved over the decades

If I we're yaaawll -- I'd be very proud of it  :thumb:

Despite my comment earlier, I actually like NASCAR. While I appreciate the history more than its present form, I think NASCAR is a great sport. I just think the origin/heritage is uniquely American, and way more interesting than the current form of the sport.  Having said all that, I cant watch any kind of automitve racing on TV. Like baseball or golf. I lik'em, but both are way better in person.

Full disclosure, never attended a NASCAR race, but did go to local circle or dirt track racing when I was younger - I love the atmosphere, especially of the smaller, dirty, smelly tracks and the feel of the dirt flying through the fence as cars rounded the curve into the straightaway . Wish I had the time to do that nowadays.

Hi 

I actually love watching Nascar and actually I had the privilege of driving the 29 Cartoon Network car at Texas Motor Speedway (Team Texas)  :classic_blink:  ...and I'm a Limey Brit  :whistling:

so,  you guys might want to look at the heritage & history again --- Plus the vehicle, lubricant and tyre development that it has achieved over the decades

If I we're yaaawll -- I'd be very proud of it  :thumb:
At least you have Silverstone and McLaren.

Back