Idiots at gas pumps

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
Considering all the drama surrounding the "shortage" of fuel, I think a thread with pics of people doing dumb things to carry gas should provide some comic relief. I'll start off with one a friend sent me, and another from FB. 

gasasshole.jpg

IMG_20210512_123017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this on TV last night, F'n unbelievable how dumb and selfish some people are. Are there no laws to prevent people filling non certified containers in the US? Here in SW Ontario, if the attendant sees someone trying to fill a non-certified container, they shut the pump off. I got shit once and pump shut off for NOT putting the container on the ground instead of the raised pump base. 

BUT, you can't fix stupid I guess.

I saw this on TV last night, F'n unbelievable how dumb and selfish some people are. Are there no laws to prevent people filling non certified containers in the US? Here in SW Ontario, if the attendant sees someone trying to fill a non-certified container, they shut the pump off. I got shit once and pump shut off for NOT putting the container on the ground instead of the raised pump base. 

BUT, you can't fix stupid I guess.
What did you see?  :whistling:

I had gone and filled up on Sunday and then drove to Kingsport Tenn. to get the player piano with car trailer. I was shocked at my gas mileage was only one more mile to the gallon with empty car trailer than with my Mach 1 in it. But in Tenn. they had gas everywhere and no lines. I did fill up when I got there and should have before I crossed to N.C.. Got home the two stations that had gas had lines a 1/4 long waiting. Like in was in 1974.
I had signed up for a first generation mustang show at the Mustang Owner's Museum on Saturday but will have to see how the supply goes. I have not turned on TV this year so I have no idea what is going on, lol. Someone on Facebook is only reason I knew there was an issue.
I did get the beautiful player piano and it is 100 years old also. The owner is moving to S.C. from a 5,500 sq. ft. home to a 2,500 sq. ft. and had to get lots of stuff gone.
He is the driving instructor for Trans Am and we are going to meet up at the next track day at Road Atlanta. His next track day is in Virginia. He has a new Corvette for his track car. What is odd is that he was a Ford engineer. I asked why not a Mustang and he said the engines fail to easily due to oiling issues. He said the GT-350 Shelby does not last long on the track. He said the Corvette was the least cost and had no issues. When I was looking at it noticed the rotors were only slotted and not drilled. He confirmed that if you ran the drilled rotors they would crack the first time you ran on track. Even not drilled will not last but a few trips to track. He was not running the GM rotors had already changed them out. He also has a 911 Porsche also a track car.
Guess I will see if any gas is out there. I have about half a tank and 10 gallons in the shop. I bet you could not buy a gas can anywhere.

What did you see?  :whistling:
I saw the idiots pictured above and then some, 50 gal barrels in the back of a pick up truck, one of those 4' square poly containers, also in the back of a pick up.. This was on Global TV (Canadian). I mean come on, greedy bastards. 

I saw the idiots pictured above and then some, 50 gal barrels in the back of a pick up truck, one of those 4' square poly containers, also in the back of a pick up.. This was on Global TV (Canadian). I mean come on, greedy bastards. 
They should only allow what the car will hold and one 5 gallon gas approved container.  It's amazing what people will do and then try to place the blame on someone else when their stupidity catches up with them.

Leaving tomorrow from Ohio to go to Yellowstone. I've been checking on diesel prices along our route and at least heading west they have held the same for the past few weeks.  My wife is dying to get away from here before the cicadas emerge.  LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should only allow what the car will hold and one 5 gallon gas approved container.  It's amazing what people will do and then try to place the blame on someone else when their stupidity catches up with them.

Leaving tomorrow from Ohio to go to Yellowstone. I've been checking on diesel prices along our route and at least heading west they have held the same for the past few weeks.  My wife is dying to get away from here before the cicadas emerge.  LOL.
No doubt the same selfish bastards bought all the toilet paper back at the start of this "pandemic". 

Have a good trip and please, stay safe. We're not out of the woods yet.

No doubt the same selfish bastards bought all the toilet paper back at the start of this "pandemic". 

Have a good trip and please, stay safe. We're not out of the woods yet.
Hmmm...gas or toilet paper?....gas or toilet paper?....gas or toilet paper?....gas or toilet paper?...I just can't decide....

Back