7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
Hi I am Nik. I am a Newbie to this forum, but not to Mustang Forums. Never been on one for my 1971 though. I am originally from Texas, just did a decade in the military and am looking to get my Mustang out of storage and do another restore on her. Her name is Victoria R, the R is for resurrection. I named her after her older sister that was a 2006 Mustang GT that I sold and 3 days later saw smashed to hell on the back of a tow rig. hence the name of the 71. Currently she has her stock motor which is a 2 barrel powered 302 with power steering and power brakes followed by a C4 automatic tranny and an 8.8" rearend. She has a decent paint job that was applied in 2003. She sits on a nice set of old school style Magnum 500 15x8's. A lot is going to change to her over the next few years. I hope to get a lot of advice and support from this site. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard, Nik!

First of all, THANKS for your service to our Country.

My SINCERE congratulations on your still having your first car. It sounds as if your '71 Grande is going to receive some "special" treatment. I look forward to reading of your journey and interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome to the Site!

BT

Welcome. Looking forward to watching the build as it progresses. There are lots of knowledgeable folks on here that share their know how making this a great place to spend your Internet dime.

A big welcome from Arizona. Thank you so much for your service to our great country. Really looking forward to pictures and following you along on the build.

Thanks everybody. Here are a few pics for you to see what I am starting out with. She looks great in them, but unfortunately they are a couple of years old and now she is in a little worse shape. The paint and body work proved to be cheaper than what I paid for and a few other things like the vinyl roof and interior parts did not last long in the Texas heat. Unfortunately sitting for 5 years didnt do the engine or brake lines any good either. This will give me a chance to do what I have alwasy wanted with her though. Enjoy! :cool:

11s0egz.jpg

5v125y.jpg

mvgqw1.jpg

27yn41t.jpg

2my85tg.jpg

1shxxf.jpg

yyxsj.jpg

2dwbxpd.jpg

And finally a pic from back in 2003 before I started the first renovation. In high school she looked about the same as in 03, but wasnt all primer, was more of a viper blue, but a maaco version.

213hguu.jpg

Welcome to the club, Nik! Glad you're here. Very nice looking ride you have - looking forward to seeing what's in store for her.

As mentioned, thank you for your service to our country. Quite a few vets and active duty service members here.

Doc (ex-Navy corpsman)

Hey Nik, welcome to the forum. Car looks immaculate in the pictures. What do you plan on doing first?

Another question.....how hard was it to put that 8.8 in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back