Curious if anyone here has the combo I am looking at. My car is the 351C 4V and I am using the Hooker 6915 headers on it which clear the C6. But I am thinking about building an AOD for the car and Im curious if it fits between the headers. If I remember correctly the AOD is a little wider but I cant remember for sure. So curious if anyone here has a similar combo and has done the swap. 

My combo in my 69 vert has 302 and AOD.  I use Headman shorties and we had to modify the collector sections by angling them out just a few degrees.  I cut them and we welded them back at the required angle.

Ya, Im hoping that the AOD can squeeze in there without having to modify the headers but if needed then I guess thats what will happen. I just have them ceramic coated so would be nicer if I didnt need to modify them. 

I have both C6(done) and AOD(in progress) out in my garage. If you need measures, make a small sketch of what you need and i'll go check for you.

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Just went to garage for you:

Both in cm and inches.

At the linkage, which isn't on my AOD atm, I recall it doesn't go out as much as the C6.

Pretty much similar widths, you should not have any clearance issues I think.

Hope this helps.

IMG_1426.thumb.jpeg.d8d0e875db461f204855235262d6481b.jpegIMG_1425.thumb.jpeg.d7f0ec05d193f634c621464336e3b5db.jpegIMG_1424.thumb.jpeg.dd0305d881a08694f82600e1268ae76d.jpeg

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

If the Hooker Comps are the same configuration for both 2V & 4V engines, you shouldn't have any issues.  Here's my 351C-2V with Hooker Comps and AOD, fitted up to a Pypes 2.5" stainless exhaust w/X-pipe.  I kept the 2V heads, but there's not too much 'stock' left in there. ;)

exhaust3.jpg

headers3.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust4.jpg

rearaxle12.jpg

They're close, but I haven't had any heat issues, as the ceramic-coating really keeps the temps low (the laser thermometer at various points on each of the headers hasn't seen over 250 degrees).

Hope this helps!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif