rear end and disc brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You probably already know this, but it takes more to do the retrofit than just putting a new rear end in it. Several guys on here have done it, I believe it takes a new M/C, proportioning valve, maybe some other things.

That said, you can find that setup through summit racing I think.

Are you looking to buy one or are you looking for places where you might get one or ?? Perhaps the 'want to buy' section would be more effective.

It's smart, you need to upgrade to a 9" anyways to handle the horsepower you are looking to eventually do. If you can find a deal on a 9" with the brakes already done, you are a lot farther than most. Keep watching. Patience and ready cash is the key to getting this done.

I have either the "Strange" or "Currie" complete rear end on my "Wish List" and will be making the purchase around the end of the year. This will be for "FIRE", my '73 Mach 1 that will have a 545 Stoker.

[/i]I understand there are a number of Companies who offer the rear end. You do well to continue to check into what will work for you and your application.

BT

I put an 8.8 in mine out of a explorer sport track. It was already set up from the factory with 373 gears posi and disc brakes. Was VERY close to the same width as the stock mustang rear and only need to weld on new spring perches to get it in. Was an easy weekend project. My cleveland is right around 400hp and I have had no trouble in the last 3 years its been in there.

Kevin

Back