I have a 73 fastback mach 1 in the center dash i found that the map light is missing. I bought the map light lens but learned that i need the map light bezel which is impossible to find.

1 Is this the one i miss or whats suppose to be there, because i dont find any wiring to that place?

2 Anyone got a good picture of how it should look?

center dash1.jpg

You will need the map light assembly (D1WB-15650-AA).  See attached pictures.  These are a tough item to find.  I do believe that one of the members of this site has reproduced a copy.  Their name escapes me right now.  Maybe another member can jump in here with this info.

Good Luck!

Mac

21May29_Map Light Pic 1.JPG

21May29_Map Light Pic 2.JPG

21May29_Map Light Pic 3.JPG

21May29_Map Light Pic 4.JPG

21May29_Map Light Pic 5.JPG

Posted (edited)

Hi nursieee,

Your correct the map light assembly is hard to find. You might look and see if your actually wired for one? Before you go on the journey to find one. Ill attach a couple of pics for your viewing. I have made one in the past and it did turn out well 2nd pic. You do see them on ebay from time to time. But they know what there worth and ask at least that much if not more.

console map light.jpg

map light.jpg

Edited by machattack
spelling
  • Like 1

The map light is powered by the convenience group wiring harness.  If you have under dash lamps, a parking brake lamp, and a glove box light and seat latch release solenoids, you have a convenience group wiring harness.  If you don't have these things, you will need to do some work.

• Like 2

---

Mike

Several members have been searching for the wire harness for convince group. I guess just by chance all eight that I have has the convince group. I did not go looking for that but do look for lots of options on cars I buy.
Ford did not install a generic wire harness one size fits all. Each is specific to the car and what options it has. A standard idiot light wire harness will not support a gauge set up you have to change the harness. It is easiest to pull the dash out if changing.

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

2 hours ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

Several members have been searching for the wire harness for convince group. I guess just by chance all eight that I have has the convince group. I did not go looking for that but do look for lots of options on cars I buy.
Ford did not install a generic wire harness one size fits all. Each is specific to the car and what options it has. A standard idiot light wire harness will not support a gauge set up you have to change the harness. It is easiest to pull the dash out if changing.

You have to change both the dash harness and the engine compartment harness to go from non-gauge to gauge.  There are also differences in the dash harness between air and heater only.  You need to know what you are looking for when buying used harnesses.

• Like 1

---

Mike