interior dash

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
does anyone know of any companies out there that reproduce the plastic panels for our dash? mine are in ok shape, no cracks or anything, but are warped from sitting in the texas heat for the last 5 years. i am looking for the driver and passenger side as well as the center piece that surrounds the air vents and stereo and a/c. thanks! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the vendors section. At least two of them had the parts you are looking for. Dash panels too.

Finding parts for these cars is a lot easier than it was 20 years ago!

here is what i am working with right now.

ephild.jpg

2r4k76w.jpg

rk5zl3.jpg

the steering wheel was a quick fix at the time, lived in florida, humidity made the knock off wood wheel i had stain my hands when i drove it. it was the only one they had at autozone, just havent changed it. the little switch was going to be NOS, just never went through with it. a lot got put on hold when i got deployed overseas for 3 years. when i got back i bought a 2006 GT and played with that for a while, so i didnt touch the 71 at all. wish i could go back and dump all the money i threw away in the 06 into the 71, but what can you do. dont worry fordication, it will be changed soon...

At some point in her life the horn stopped working (it was a fuse that I replaced to make work) and the owner at that time obviously didnt know anything about simple troubleshooting. So instead of replacing the fuse, they bypassed the factory horn and mounted an external momentary switch on the panel next to the headlight switch to act as a new horn, but didnt do a great job of it. The hole for the switch and wiring was so botched that I had to come up with a quick fix, hence the covered switch and red LED that lights up when the switched in activated. It is fully non functional, but at the time I toyed with the idea of destroying my motor with nitrous, but got deployed soon after and all my ideas were put to a stop for 9 years. I will end up patching the whole area with a new metal panel before I am finished. So there is the explanation for the switch.

Back