351 Cleveland Engine for sale

I have a 351c 2v out of a 1973 Grande. It is a mostly complete engine, but is missing parts. Here are pics of the assembled engine:

image.jpeg.59e4a361fe4becdb7ffd35cca93bcc57.jpeg
/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.vintage-mustang.com/attachments/95a87c1f-6ef6-476d-b0d4-b1f8886c1dd1-jpeg.797464/

I also have the following parts not assembled to the engine.

?hash=dfb43233a74dcaddb274992b8cb032c6

I also have information and many more pictures of the internals, bore measurements, etc if you’re interested. We can discuss delivery as well, as the engine is on the stand in Fort Mohave, AZ; but anywhere between the Ca/AZ border and Southern Cal is possible for delivery.

Asking $350 for all shown and a few more parts too. Thanks, Steve

What are you asking for it? Its a 2V engine. I have sold a dozen of those or so and I have gotten generally $300 for a bare block with main caps and $500.00 for a complete standard motor.

I’m asking $350. The engine is missing the rocker arms, rocker arm bolts, one pushrod, and the timing plate. Also, it is missing a few head bolts, intake bolts, and exhaust manifold bolts. I pulled it apart and measured several cylinders; most were about .010 over the standard bore. There is no sign of any cracks, damage, etc.

Is this not a good place to sell this engine?

This isn't necessarily a bad place to sell it, but if you want more looks, put it on the 351C Facebook pages. (Clevelands Forever 351c.net) and (351C/351M/400 & Clevor Parts Only)

Chris -  Born in '73 - Drive a '73 / Former U.S. Army 63B10-H8 / 1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One

480x220-cutout.png

It sounds like a fair price, now that you went into more detail about the condition of it. Some pictures of the cylinders and heads should help, too.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

I think you're asking a fair price.  If it wasn't so expensive to ship it, I'd jump on it.  I did some quick checking, though, and the shipping cost was just outrageous.

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Yes the price is fair. The block is same as 4 bolt and can be machined to accept 4 bolt caps. The parts you mentioned missing would be replaced in a normal rebuild anyway and would save shipping not there. Many people prefer the 2-V heads for street use.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David