Removing watermarks from assembly manuals

In a way, kind of like Forel Publishing and their stinking "Owner Guard" copyright licensing. They were so intent on protecting their content, it was near impossible to restore or copy the discs to a new computer. I have battled this for several years and had posted here about it. Now, finally, Forel have open everything up to download in PDF format as long as you have the codes from your disc purchases. I assume one can buy in PDF format as well.

It's too bad that publishers are more intent on splashing their name over everything, that the content we need, is compromised.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

• 3 weeks later...

I just encountered this BIG G-D WATERMARK today when I received the same set.  You are absolutely right in that in many cases the underlying image is not that clear to begin with and then with a BIG G-D WATERMARK covering the page from corner to corner, the diagram is effectively useless. 

I am even more p-o'ed that the BIG G-D WATERMARK on every page was not in the product description.

All that said... thank you giantpune for providing a fix of sorts.  I hope my latent unix skills are sufficient.

15 hours ago, RC92234 said:

I am even more p-o'ed that the BIG G-D WATERMARK on every page was not in the product description.

Yep, major butthole move on them for not showing the watermark in the product description.