Do you drive?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach1s

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1 351W
1970 Mach 1 351C
1971 Mach 1 351C
How do you drive your 71-73? 
Are you the type to fix it up and stare at it in your garage?

or

Are you the type that Drives? If so, how many miles a year do you think you put on your car?

I have owned my 71 since 1994. I am 50 yrs old and drive my car any chance I get. I put about 250 miles a week on it in the summer. Don’t really fuss about a little rust or a dent here or there. I just enjoy the DRIVE. I do upgrades and like to just look but to me it is all about the Drive.  

My 71 was the first car I had. Got me through college as my daily driver (wouldn't recommend it). I don't drive it as much as I used to, but it's still usually my daily during the spring and fall when the weather permits.

The driving experience is just so much more fun and engaging than any of the other newer cars I've had.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my family, cars get driven.  I enjoy my classic cars much more driving them than keeping them parked and just repeatedly washing them.  Mine are driver quality.  I dont have to worry about putting the first dent in them or beating them up a bit.  That ship has sailed long ago.

I wasn't one of those kids who left his toys in the wrapper sitting an the shelf, either.

I am with Mike: at this point I am wrenching and staring at it. One time, hopefully next year, I want to drive it regularly in summer, for example to work. It would be too bad let it sitting there in the garage for all the years and work I spent for it. There are some nice roads in the Black Forest here... :thumb:

They're for DRIVING............ as well as looking at! I'm not doing as much driving as I would normally do due to no car shows around here the last two years, but I really love getting out on some local curvy roads and carving corners. Straight lines are boring, sorry drag race fans.

I drive it. I drove 1,800 miles last weekend when going to Carlisle and back. Although, that is not the normal it was awesome. After that trip I feel now more confortable driving it more often and to more places. Not that I want to purposely drive it in the rain but I also realized that once in a while that's fine. I drove through a bad storm in PA and all went well - no leakages! However, I won't drive it in the winter. Too much snow and salt out there. That's also my time to perform the mods that require more time.

This week (so far) I have racked up 320 miles. Drove to work a few times and tooled around town a few times. I have a place by me called Gus’s Drive Inn that I try to make it to a few times a year and this weekend is one of them. I LOvE THE DRIVE!! 

Thanks for the update on PA Tony. I wish I could have rolled with you!  

what to do next????!!!!!!!!!???????

10A87BBC-C23F-4C6D-A124-FEC5FA328640.jpeg

I have one that’s sits around and looks pretty. Thanks Q-Jet Carburetor… I have another one I drive on occasion. 

This week (so far) I have racked up 320 miles. Drove to work a few times and tooled around town a few times. I have a place by me called Gus’s Drive Inn that I try to make it to a few times a year and this weekend is one of them. I LOvE THE DRIVE!! 

Thanks for the update on PA Tony. I wish I could have rolled with you!  

what to do next????!!!!!!!!!???????

View attachment 52465
You put your gnarly boots, filled with your sweaty, crusty, wart covered feet on your awesome Urethane bumper  -- what a peasant ...what a heathen.... back in the middle ages in the UK , we burned people at the stake for lesser crimes.  :biggrin:    I've written to Her Majesty ...  apparently a very special place in the tower of London is being prepared for you 

I rarely take it out just to be driving it.  Most of my driving is to local cruise ins and car shows.   Would like to drive it more often but have gotten gun shy from several nasty nicks from road debris and a really bad chip in the drivers door by crap coming off a pick up truck going in the opposite direction. It's just to dam pretty.   :biggrin:

20200922_113759_resized (3).jpg

I rarely take it out just to be driving it.  Most of my driving is to local cruise ins and car shows.   Would like to drive it more often but have gotten gun shy from several nasty nicks from road debris and a really bad chip in the drivers door by crap coming off a pick up truck going in the opposite direction. It's just to dam pretty.   :biggrin:

View attachment 52585
That's gorgeous .  Please ship to 1sostatic.... no. 1 happy street, UK ...thx  :thumb:

Back