Where do y'all think prices are headed?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galucha

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe 302
So recently there's talk all over the news about how used car prices are skyrocketing, and while I don't think that may be directly affecting the classics market specifically, I think it is definitely having some kind of impact.

We all know how common it is to see listings of people wanting to sell their neglected L code coupes for obscene amounts of money, but it seems that as of late, those kinds of listings are becoming all the more common. I saw someone on the Facebook group a few days ago wanting $30k for their 73 302 coupe that was missing half it's interior. 

And then there's the other end of the spectrum where the really well optioned 71-73s are starting to fetch record prices (see the mach 1 recently sold at Barret Jackson for $176k).

So what do y'all think? Is the value of our cars jumping? And will they catch up to what the earlier year cars are going for?

I casually track prices. I do think they are trending a bit higher, perhaps 10-15 % over the last 3 years. I don't think it has anything to do with regular used car prices. As for most people pretending to want to sell a collectable car on FB, THEY ARE OUT OF THIER MINDS on pricing. Kevco(sp) or Mike from Motor City Mustang would probably have more insight concerning rising value. Chuck

Now this series of M00stang has reached its glorious  50th anniversary - -the prices are on the rise -- as a buyer from the US of A to UK .. I've seen 20% increases. ... hold on to your cars folks... I predict 5 years from now , you'll be in so much positive equity, even YOU ( peasants though you are)  will not be able to afford your OWN cars.   :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
"To the moon, Alice!"

I wonder how many of you will recognize the phrase...

Good car’s bring good $$$. Has always been my belief and motto. I don’t pay attention to everyday prices of cars for sale. I do pay attention when I find a car I want and then hone in on a price I feel comfortable with and that I feel I can purchase it for. Prices for 71-3’s are still all over the board….

Back