Hi

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code Mach 1
Just joined today. I inherited my Dad's '73 Q code Mach1. It's in good shape for a midwest car, but had a quick paint job with some bad body work done before my Dad bought it, so I will eventually be fixing that... It's a 20 footer for now.

Dad said that he remembered watching it compete in stock class drag racing when it was new. He bought it in 1992, and didn't do much but barely run a tank of gas through it a year. The mileage is accurate as far as we could tell.

The original motor was freshened up by the previous owner, as was the C6. It is said to have 3.89 gears. It needs suspension, exhaust, and ignition work. I'm planning on a mild resto-mod, and just enjoying it. Here's my starting point.

IMG_09061.jpg

IMG_14341.jpg

IMG_14351.jpg

IMG_14361.jpg

IMG_14401.jpg

IMG_14371.jpg

IMG_14411.jpg

IMG_14461.jpg

SUNP0075.jpg

NICE!!! Your going to love it here. Great bunch that has a great attitude toward helping each other get them the way we want(restored, restomod, whatever you want). Welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome::

Welcome, as Mark said we're a diverse bunch here but all love the big bodied mustangs. By the way that is a cool mustang.

HI and welcome to the forum.

That Mustang looks like a solid basis to start from. A a mild resto-mod is always a good thing. There are a few of those here.

Have fun on the site.

Welcome to the forums! She definitely looks like a keeper! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Nice looking Mach 1 and I like the color combo. I couldn't quite see the whole wheel, but are those the original optional Aluminum wheels? Definitely worth fixing up.

WELCOME aboard!

As a couple others have said, it appears that you have a GREAT starting point with your '73 mach 1.

I look forward to interacting with you on the different Forums and reading of your "journey."

Again, Welcome to the Site.

BT

::welcome:: from Bothell (soon to be Lynnwood), WA. Glad to see another 7173 Mustang nearby. :D

Rich

::welcome:: from Mustang, Oklahoma. You have a very good starting point. Chuck

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Nice looking Mach 1 and I like the color combo. I couldn't quite see the whole wheel, but are those the original optional Aluminum wheels? Definitely worth fixing up.
Yes, it does have the original aluminum wheels. It needs more tire, and I'm still looking at different rims to replace them, but am keeping them.

Welcome! Nice canvas! Those alum wheels clean up nicely. That's my favorite thing about the 73 models. My Q came with them from the factory and will go back on it after I apply the elbow grease.

Yes, it does have the original aluminum wheels. It needs more tire, and I'm still looking at different rims to replace them, but am keeping them.
Those wheels clean up real nice, you can buy the reproduction wheel center cap. Don at Ohio Mustang usually keeps them in stock and he posts up here a lot.

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=1417

DSCF9277.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back