Guess my dyno numbers (RESULTS ARE IN)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
 The 1st time out I was having some EMI/RFI issues. I've since got it all worked out. Needed to add some additional grounds.

Also I'm going on the dyno on the 30th. Let's take some guesses on what she'll make?

She's a 408C with factory 4V open chambered heads. Cam is a crane 224/232 @.050 roller with close to .600 lift. Holley Super Sniper with hyperspark ignition, aeromotive stealth Gen 2 tank with 340 pump, CVF wraptor serpentine kit, FPA headers going into 3" pypes X pipe into 2.5" street pros. Rear is 3:89's with Yukon housing and posi with 31 axle splines. Trans is a TKO 600 with a RAM stage 2 and Malwood hydraulic clutch. Brakes are wilwood with hydratech hydroboost. 

Another other information needed? Going on the rollers the 30th of this month for a dyno tune.

I know my heads are the biggest draw back but I wasn't building a race car. I just wanted a fun street cruiser. 

Sorry I don't have any crazy burn outs yet. Don't want to play that way in my neighborhood. 

View attachment 20210613_121331.mp4

View attachment 20210613_121132.mp4

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to disagree about the heads being a drawback. I believe they may perform better than the closed chamber heads in a stroked engine. They flow better at low lift and don't have the shrouding problem that the closed chamber valves have. And, you need to get more air into the stroked cylinders.

What pistons did you use? What does your static and dynamic compression ratios calculate out at?

And, I'm going with 410 horsepower and 450 ft.lbs of torque.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the status of your accessories?  Belt driver water pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, and alternator with standard ratio pulleys?  Electric fan or still on your water pump?  And I take it the mechanical fuel pump is gone due to needing electric pump for the sniper system?  And is it the factory intake manifold?

the guesses I'm seeing are a lot higher than I'd give it.  I'm thinking closer to 240HP at the rear wheels, assuming factory intake manifold and all the normal accessories besides the fuel pump on the motor.

What's the status of your accessories?  Belt driver water pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, and alternator with standard ratio pulleys?  Electric fan or still on your water pump?  And I take it the mechanical fuel pump is gone due to needing electric pump for the sniper system?  And is it the factory intake manifold?

the guesses I'm seeing are a lot higher than I'd give it.  I'm thinking closer to 240HP at the rear wheels, assuming factory intake manifold and all the normal accessories besides the fuel pump on the motor.
Intake is blue thunder, fuel pump is electric and an Aeromotive 340. The waterpump still runs off the belt and fans are electric. I removed AC from the car.

20210610_214537.jpg

20210610_215713.jpg

Do you know what type of dyno it is -  inertia or load dyno?

With that intake and having the AC compressor removed and that huge power drain of a windshield wiper motor removed, I'm leaning closer to 280HP if its a load dyno.

Do you know what type of dyno it is -  inertia or load dyno?

With that intake and having the AC compressor removed and that huge power drain of a windshield wiper motor removed, I'm leaning closer to 280HP if its a load dyno.
I guess we'll knock it back down to 275. Had to install the wiper motor for inspection purposes. 

I have to disagree about the heads being a drawback. I believe they may perform better than the closed chamber heads in a stroked engine. They flow better at low lift and don't have the shrouding problem that the closed chamber valves have. And, you need to get more air into the stroked cylinders.

What pistons did you use? What does your static and dynamic compression ratios calculate out at?

And, I'm going with 410 horsepower and 450 ft.lbs of torque.
Found my paperwork. The pistons are a flat top +7cc.

Back