Guess my dyno numbers (RESULTS ARE IN)

I have to disagree about the heads being a drawback. I believe they may perform better than the closed chamber heads in a stroked engine. They flow better at low lift and don't have the shrouding problem that the closed chamber valves have. And, you need to get more air into the stroked cylinders.

What pistons did you use? What does your static and dynamic compression ratios calculate out at?

And, I'm going with 410 horsepower and 450 ft.lbs of torque.

Edited by Don C

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Very similar to my setup. I go for 405hp @ 5,800

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

1 hour ago, 73' mach 1 said:

I'll have to dig up my paperwork on the build. I don't remember the pistons but I remember that he measured 10:1 compression using a whistler.

10:1 static would make me want to bump my dyno wild guess number up a bit.

What is a whistler?

4 hours ago, 1sostatic said:

I'll go for 412 Stallions at the flywheel @ 6000 rpms and 390 old Nags at the tarmac :wrench:

Going with a 5% drivetrain loss huh?

• Like 1

www.puregemdetailing.com

What's the status of your accessories?  Belt driver water pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, and alternator with standard ratio pulleys?  Electric fan or still on your water pump?  And I take it the mechanical fuel pump is gone due to needing electric pump for the sniper system?  And is it the factory intake manifold?

the guesses I'm seeing are a lot higher than I'd give it.  I'm thinking closer to 240HP at the rear wheels, assuming factory intake manifold and all the normal accessories besides the fuel pump on the motor.

1 minute ago, giantpune said:

What's the status of your accessories?  Belt driver water pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, and alternator with standard ratio pulleys?  Electric fan or still on your water pump?  And I take it the mechanical fuel pump is gone due to needing electric pump for the sniper system?  And is it the factory intake manifold?

the guesses I'm seeing are a lot higher than I'd give it.  I'm thinking closer to 240HP at the rear wheels, assuming factory intake manifold and all the normal accessories besides the fuel pump on the motor.

Intake is blue thunder, fuel pump is electric and an Aeromotive 340. The waterpump still runs off the belt and fans are electric. I removed AC from the car.

20210610_214537.thumb.jpg.cbee87d3df49dd1adb5efffd0694ee2b.jpg

20210610_215713.jpg

www.puregemdetailing.com

I go for 400.

Nice sound btw, what are the mufflers that you have on this baby?

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Do you know what type of dyno it is -  inertia or load dyno?

With that intake and having the AC compressor removed and that huge power drain of a windshield wiper motor removed, I'm leaning closer to 280HP if its a load dyno.

33 minutes ago, giantpune said:

Do you know what type of dyno it is -  inertia or load dyno?

With that intake and having the AC compressor removed and that huge power drain of a windshield wiper motor removed, I'm leaning closer to 280HP if its a load dyno.

I guess we'll knock it back down to 275. Had to install the wiper motor for inspection purposes. 

www.puregemdetailing.com

20 hours ago, Don C said:

I have to disagree about the heads being a drawback. I believe they may perform better than the closed chamber heads in a stroked engine. They flow better at low lift and don't have the shrouding problem that the closed chamber valves have. And, you need to get more air into the stroked cylinders.

What pistons did you use? What does your static and dynamic compression ratios calculate out at?

And, I'm going with 410 horsepower and 450 ft.lbs of torque.

Found my paperwork. The pistons are a flat top +7cc.

www.puregemdetailing.com

That should give you a static compression ratio of about 10.3 to 1 and a dynamic C.R. In the 7.8 to 1 to 8.2 to 1 range, depending on the cam specs. Should run great.

--Albert Einstein

16 minutes ago, Don C said:

That should give you a static compression ratio of about 10.3 to 1 and a dynamic C.R. In the 7.8 to 1 to 8.2 to 1 range, depending on the cam specs. Should run great.

Still hold to you original numbers? Also I noticed my oil pressure is pretty high I feel but I'm not sure if it's because it still has to break in? The pump is a m84ahv oil pump. I'm seeing about 75 cold at idle. Doesn't seem to go down much warm. Haven't driven it enough to pay attention to cruising. 

www.puregemdetailing.com

With the stock pump the hot oil spec is 50 to 70 psi, so your oil pressure isn't that much out of line.

I'll stick to my original numbers.

--Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, Don C said:

With the stock pump the hot oil spec is 50 to 70 psi, so your oil pressure isn't that much out of line.

I'll stick to my original numbers.

Roger that. Thanks Don!

www.puregemdetailing.com

• 73' mach 1 changed the title to Guess my dyno numbers (RESULTS ARE IN)