radiator replacement advice

Greetings, the radiator in my '73 A/T 302 2V needs replacement, so any suggestions for source/manufacturer appreciated.  I am looking for 2-row (3 OK) aluminum, not desiring to break the bank but don't want el cheapo either.   Cold Case?  Champion?  Others? Thanks, Larry

I'm running a 3-row champion from Jegs - cost around $190, fit was decent, and keeps a slightly warmed up Cleveland happy (aluminum heads, roller cam conversion) Part number is EC381.

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

Mine is an aluminum one.  It says "northern" on the side of it.  Its been a while since I installed it, so I can't tell you exactly which part number.  It does not have fittings to hook up the automatic transmission, but I prefer to use an external transmission cooler anyways.  I run electric fans in a shroud I bought a decade after the radiator itself, and it happened to also be from "northern".

Edited by giantpune

I have a Northern 205063 Not fantastic but hard to beat it for the price.  I had to get another set of upper and lower mounts since both end tanks are large.  Also had to make up adapters for the transmission cooler lines.

16432889-6C8B-49E0-947B-025A27194606.jpeg

5D9AEF85-AB27-4D4C-AA70-802907B03B8A.jpeg

I've had great luck with my Ebay knockoff champion 3 row radiator. Going on 6 years with it.

Plain Jane | 1971 F Code Coupe 302/C4 Automatic

Goin' to Town Rig | 1971 F100 Ranger XLT LWB 390FE/C6 Automatic

Commuter | 2018 Tesla Model 3 Midrange RWD

I also have a Champion and good so far.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes