Pump to carb - fuel line question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCJ

Reaction score
Just finishing up a build and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how the fuel line was attached to the carb from the factory? Pics would be great too. Right now we've just fitted some hose with clamps - but it does't feel like the right solution. 

From your user name, I guess you have a 429 ( you ought to go and finish your profile).

I really can't help on that engine, but here is what I did for my 351C with a Holley 4150 carb. You might be able to do something similar, adapting as necessary. Also, I do not have A/C, but I do have a PS pump to work around. Keep it at least 1" from the block, very important.

I use 3/8" steel fuel line bought from the auto parts store. TIP; buy a couple, you likely will screw one up. Whatever you decide to do, please, NEVER use gear clamps for connecting rubber hose, always proper fuel line clamps. These can be bought from most auto stores, Vendors or Harbor Freight. 

fuel line 2.JPG

fuel line 3.JPG

fuel line1.JPG

IMG_0983.1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back