Back in the saddle!!! The Mustang rides again!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredensborg

I like music, languages, weaponry, and freedom.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
Finally got my Mustang back on the road after many years of sitting in the garage! Found a local mechanic to help me figure out a final gremlin that was eluding me, and just like that I have a road worthy car again!  The kids are almost as excited as I am! I have driven her more miles in the last few days than we have the last decade, man it feels GOOD to get out and about with it again!!!

stang.jpg

Great to hear.  Must be hard to see your car sit for a long length of time and wanting to drive it but can't.  Enjoy the weather and have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
That has to be such a rush to be able to drive it again and share it with your kids!

Jason,

Hope your enjoying the ride!

your picture has got me curious… horizontal running lights on a ‘73?

Jason,

Hope your enjoying the ride!

your picture has got me curious… horizontal running lights on a ‘73?
Ya, someone put in a grille from a 71-72 before it came in my possession. I prefer the look of it anyway, but the grille doesn't line up perfectly with the urethane bumper

Happy for you to get it on the road again. Mine mostly sat for a couple of years with just an occasional startup and very short (5 mile drives a few times). Got it back on the road a few months ago and it was awesome. So excited for you!

Looks great. Marti Report available? They should have kept the 71-72 grill for these. I'm also wondering about the rocker chrome etc. and Ram air on a Q code. I guess the past owner changed a few things. Wish I had time to drive mine.

Last edited:
Back