Decal suppliers - looking for feedback on quality

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbracken

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet
Hi all,

I just shipped my Mach1 to Germany and in transit it picked up some paint chips/damage to the front and rear.   The trunk lid and right side rear quarter panel will need painting so consequently the Mach1 decal and stripes will need to be replaced.  I've found the replacements at NPD for $50 but before ordering (and then having shipped to Germany....) would appreciate hearing your views on quality of these or any other suppliers you've used.   Many thanks in advance.  Nigel 

Damage 1.jpg

Damage 2.jpg

Damn, That sucks!! 

I would suggest Graphics Express in Florida. www.Graphics-Express.com  352-341-0077. They make good quality decals and what I used. 

I'm not sure who supplies NPD.

I agree with Geoff. Had my entire car done with Graphic Express's Mach 1 stripe kit. Excellent quality, problem-free install.

Hi all,

I just shipped my Mach1 to Germany and in transit it picked up some paint chips/damage to the front and rear.   The trunk lid and right side rear quarter panel will need painting so consequently the Mach1 decal and stripes will need to be replaced.  I've found the replacements at NPD for $50 but before ordering (and then having shipped to Germany....) would appreciate hearing your views on quality of these or any other suppliers you've used.   Many thanks in advance.  Nigel 

View attachment 52786

View attachment 52787
I have a set (extra) here, as I later decided to paint the decals on. Don't know what shipping is, but if you have interest in them I will hunt them down in my scattered parts area.

I'm a bit late remembering this, but as an FYI (that may no longer apply). When I had my car repainted in 2014, I had bought a Mach 1 set from NPD and this set was absolute crap. Too thin material, wrong sheen, and worse, missing glue in some areas. That's when I found Graphics Express. Their service and help was awesome. 

I have a set (extra) here, as I later decided to paint the decals on. Don't know what shipping is, but if you have interest in them I will hunt them down in my scattered parts area.
Thank you very much for your offer.   As they need to be shipped to Europe and this in an insurance job I will need official invoices and stuff for the duties and freight.   I’ll try and get a set from the Graphics Express that several others are recommending.  I did already try to order from NPD before I saw some of these replies but they won’t ship to Europe unless I buy more stuff which I don’t presently need.

Thank you very much for your offer.   As they need to be shipped to Europe and this in an insurance job I will need official invoices and stuff for the duties and freight.   I’ll try and get a set from the Graphics Express that several others are recommending.  I did already try to order from NPD before I saw some of these replies but they won’t ship to Europe unless I buy more stuff which I don’t presently need.
Nigel, look on ebay, there I have bought mine through from Graphic Express. Often you could pay duties through there Global shipping program in the buying process from many dealers so your package could arrive directly to your door without any hassle. NPD has horrible shipping costs, though... 

I have read some of reviews about graphics express about how horrible the product their products well maybe it will depend try also checking ACCI.

Bought mine direct from Graphics Express. No problem whatsoever. Fast shipping, excellent product and a perfect easy fit.

I've ordered a while back the "mach1" scripts for fenders and deck lid... also from Graphic express.
Not impressed. The letters (the glyphs) )were not having same thickness over the height and even the sticker film itself is too thick.
I don't know if correct, but won't put these on for sure.

Since then, I have collected close up images of the mach1 script, and the hood CID and will make my own illustrator/eps files
and let them cut in the color I want with a much thinner and finer film at some local shop doing cars, trucks and delivery decorations.

I've ordered a while back the "mach1" scripts for fenders and deck lid... also from Graphic express.
Not impressed. The letters (the glyphs) )were not having same thickness over the height and even the sticker film itself is too thick.
I don't know if correct, but won't put these on for sure.

Since then, I have collected close up images of the mach1 script, and the hood CID and will make my own illustrator/eps files
and let them cut in the color I want with a much thinner and finer film at some local shop doing cars, trucks and delivery decorations.
Not sure why you have this problem. As for material, it is on the same spec 3M film as used originally and also Ford licensed. Let's face it, no reproduction stuff in general is or even will be, exactly the same as the original. If my scripts are off a bit, no-one has ever noticed and my car has won at numerous shows. Just saying.

no-one has ever noticed
I do and that's all what matters to me!!  (prolly extra sensitive  because I've spent hours drawing fonts with ink by hand back in graphic school)

As said above, mebbe it's intended for the film that they've used to be thick, but I'm doing "enhanced originality" so can't use that!!  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I do and that's all what matters to me!!  (prolly extra sensitive  because I've spent hours drawing fonts with ink by hand back in graphic school)

As said above, mebbe it's intended for the film that they've used to be thick, but I'm doing "enhanced originality" so can't use that!!  :D
 No problem my friend. Your car your way. I too am an (almost) perfectionist, but sometimes I have to accept what I can get. 

I just bought an NOS rear bumper that was actually worse finish wise, than the repop I had. The difference is the fit to the car which is now what it should be. I get what you're saying.

I did some rub offs for a member then he contacted GE about changing their MACH1 lettering and they said no they would not and did not care if right or wrong they sold. Same with their hood stencil not right but will not change. That sucks in my opinion. Costs no more to do it right but they have zero desire to do it right.
We had a big bed stencil cutter at the lawn mower plant I worked in to do prototype stripes with. Would have easily done any stripe on a Mustang. There was one at Goodwill last year I wish I had bought it. It is so easy to laser scan a stripe or lettering and reverse engineer it. For sure not rocket science and will be within a few thousands of an inch.
The original stripe kits were just over $25.00 when Ford had them for a full set.
I bought 25 sets for my 20th. Anniversary Mustang they were like $22.00 a set. I sell on Ebay for $100. After the scan and program there is no skill involved in peeling off the unwanted part of the stripe or letter.
I hope you get a better set that some of the members have gotten in the past.

Back