Jump to content

Decal suppliers - looking for feedback on quality


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I just shipped my Mach1 to Germany and in transit it picked up some paint chips/damage to the front and rear.   The trunk lid and right side rear quarter panel will need painting so consequently the Mach1 decal and stripes will need to be replaced.  I've found the replacements at NPD for $50 but before ordering (and then having shipped to Germany....) would appreciate hearing your views on quality of these or any other suppliers you've used.   Many thanks in advance.  Nigel 

Damage 1.jpg

Damage 2.jpg

Nigel B

 

1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet 4 speed

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn, That sucks!! 

I would suggest Graphics Express in Florida. www.Graphics-Express.com  352-341-0077. They make good quality decals and what I used. 

I'm not sure who supplies NPD.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with Geoff. Had my entire car done with Graphic Express's Mach 1 stripe kit. Excellent quality, problem-free install.

  • Thanks 1

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Barry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, nbracken said:

Hi all,

I just shipped my Mach1 to Germany and in transit it picked up some paint chips/damage to the front and rear.   The trunk lid and right side rear quarter panel will need painting so consequently the Mach1 decal and stripes will need to be replaced.  I've found the replacements at NPD for $50 but before ordering (and then having shipped to Germany....) would appreciate hearing your views on quality of these or any other suppliers you've used.   Many thanks in advance.  Nigel 

Damage 1.jpg

Damage 2.jpg

I have a set (extra) here, as I later decided to paint the decals on. Don't know what shipping is, but if you have interest in them I will hunt them down in my scattered parts area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a bit late remembering this, but as an FYI (that may no longer apply). When I had my car repainted in 2014, I had bought a Mach 1 set from NPD and this set was absolute crap. Too thin material, wrong sheen, and worse, missing glue in some areas. That's when I found Graphics Express. Their service and help was awesome. 

  • Thanks 1

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2021 at 1:34 PM, Ryunker said:

I have a set (extra) here, as I later decided to paint the decals on. Don't know what shipping is, but if you have interest in them I will hunt them down in my scattered parts area.

Thank you very much for your offer.   As they need to be shipped to Europe and this in an insurance job I will need official invoices and stuff for the duties and freight.   I’ll try and get a set from the Graphics Express that several others are recommending.  I did already try to order from NPD before I saw some of these replies but they won’t ship to Europe unless I buy more stuff which I don’t presently need.

  • Like 1

Nigel B

 

1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet 4 speed

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, nbracken said:

Thank you very much for your offer.   As they need to be shipped to Europe and this in an insurance job I will need official invoices and stuff for the duties and freight.   I’ll try and get a set from the Graphics Express that several others are recommending.  I did already try to order from NPD before I saw some of these replies but they won’t ship to Europe unless I buy more stuff which I don’t presently need.

Nigel, look on ebay, there I have bought mine through from Graphic Express. Often you could pay duties through there Global shipping program in the buying process from many dealers so your package could arrive directly to your door without any hassle. NPD has horrible shipping costs, though... 

Tim

 

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Bought mine direct from Graphics Express. No problem whatsoever. Fast shipping, excellent product and a perfect easy fit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've ordered a while back the "mach1" scripts for fenders and deck lid... also from Graphic express.
Not impressed. The letters (the glyphs) )were not having same thickness over the height and even the sticker film itself is too thick.
I don't know if correct, but won't put these on for sure.

Since then, I have collected close up images of the mach1 script, and the hood CID and will make my own illustrator/eps files
and let them cut in the color I want with a much thinner and finer film at some local shop doing cars, trucks and delivery decorations.

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fabrice said:

I've ordered a while back the "mach1" scripts for fenders and deck lid... also from Graphic express.
Not impressed. The letters (the glyphs) )were not having same thickness over the height and even the sticker film itself is too thick.
I don't know if correct, but won't put these on for sure.

Since then, I have collected close up images of the mach1 script, and the hood CID and will make my own illustrator/eps files
and let them cut in the color I want with a much thinner and finer film at some local shop doing cars, trucks and delivery decorations.

Not sure why you have this problem. As for material, it is on the same spec 3M film as used originally and also Ford licensed. Let's face it, no reproduction stuff in general is or even will be, exactly the same as the original. If my scripts are off a bit, no-one has ever noticed and my car has won at numerous shows. Just saying.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stanglover said:

no-one has ever noticed

I do and that's all what matters to me!!  (prolly extra sensitive  because I've spent hours drawing fonts with ink by hand back in graphic school)

As said above, mebbe it's intended for the film that they've used to be thick, but I'm doing "enhanced originality" so can't use that!!  :D

Edited by Fabrice

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fabrice said:

I do and that's all what matters to me!!  (prolly extra sensitive  because I've spent hours drawing fonts with ink by hand back in graphic school)

As said above, mebbe it's intended for the film that they've used to be thick, but I'm doing "enhanced originality" so can't use that!!  :D

 No problem my friend. Your car your way. I too am an (almost) perfectionist, but sometimes I have to accept what I can get. 

I just bought an NOS rear bumper that was actually worse finish wise, than the repop I had. The difference is the fit to the car which is now what it should be. I get what you're saying.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did some rub offs for a member then he contacted GE about changing their MACH1 lettering and they said no they would not and did not care if right or wrong they sold. Same with their hood stencil not right but will not change. That sucks in my opinion. Costs no more to do it right but they have zero desire to do it right.
We had a big bed stencil cutter at the lawn mower plant I worked in to do prototype stripes with. Would have easily done any stripe on a Mustang. There was one at Goodwill last year I wish I had bought it. It is so easy to laser scan a stripe or lettering and reverse engineer it. For sure not rocket science and will be within a few thousands of an inch.
The original stripe kits were just over $25.00 when Ford had them for a full set.
I bought 25 sets for my 20th. Anniversary Mustang they were like $22.00 a set. I sell on Ebay for $100. After the scan and program there is no skill involved in peeling off the unwanted part of the stripe or letter.
I hope you get a better set that some of the members have gotten in the past.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...