Army money well spent

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73greengold

Reaction score
My Car
73 convertible
302 2bbl
Ram Air
Hey guys,

Just got back from my latest training mission with the Army and put some of my TDY (Temporary Duty) money to good use on a long over do (and desired) upgrade to the car. I've been wanting to put the NASA hood to use since I purchased the car back in 2001 after OEF 1, and thanks to CJ Pony, I've done it. Relatively easy upgrade, but the "cool factor" for me is over the top. Looking at our calendar for the next few months I can start shopping all over again.

Marty

PICT0028.JPG

PICT0027.JPG

Ain't it great when it says it as well as does it. That's why I bought mine for my Q code. Didn't seem right to have a non functional hood. Enjoy that well spent money!!!! And thanks for what your doing for me and mine.

+1 for the cool factor going up. Good use of TDY $...that's one of the ways I spend mine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! So I guess your volunteering for more TDY!
Mike I don't know about volunteering, but our next big trip is to Korea for a couple of weeks. Goog christmas shopping for the family...I'll have to see if the Koreans make any good black market 71-73 parts?:D

+1 for the cool factor going up. Good use of TDY $...that's one of the ways I spend mine too.
Don, looking at your stable, you've got better paying TDY than I do!!!:D

Very nice upgrade, most of my parts are from CJ Pony Parts as well and have all been great quality and nice price! I am going to do a NASA hood and upgrade to Ram Air once I figure out what powerplant I am going to build. Very nice job!

how much is the ram air kit running? I have a ram air hood but none of the parts, just the honeycomb block off plates. does the kit come with everything you need??

Thanks Kevin

Looks good, that's a nice mod.

Oddly enough my sisters are in south Korea teaching english.

Good job Marty! Totally agree with the cool factor and CJ Pony hook up! I too recently picked up a kit from CJ's and hopefully will be installing it by the end of this year. Thanks for your services to our Country and also to any other retired and active military personnel that reads this.

DJ

Back