Army money well spent

Hey guys,

Just got back from my latest training mission with the Army and put some of my TDY (Temporary Duty) money to good use on a long over do (and desired) upgrade to the car. I've been wanting to put the NASA hood to use since I purchased the car back in 2001 after OEF 1, and thanks to CJ Pony, I've done it. Relatively easy upgrade, but the "cool factor" for me is over the top. Looking at our calendar for the next few months I can start shopping all over again.

Marty

PICT0028.thumb.JPG.dd8253510ade262ed807ba9e753405a5.JPG

PICT0027.thumb.JPG.f4f5d2499f0c300718fd6a27912e6c35.JPG

Ain't it great when it says it as well as does it. That's why I bought mine for my Q code. Didn't seem right to have a non functional hood. Enjoy that well spent money!!!! And thanks for what your doing for me and mine.

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Yeah I bought the ram air kit yesterday, thanks to CJ and the guys at the forum telling me about the low price.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1972 Mustang Grande Coupe

1954 Ford F100

Looks great! So I guess your volunteering for more TDY!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Looks great! So I guess your volunteering for more TDY!

Mike I don't know about volunteering, but our next big trip is to Korea for a couple of weeks. Goog christmas shopping for the family...I'll have to see if the Koreans make any good black market 71-73 parts?:D

+1 for the cool factor going up. Good use of TDY $...that's one of the ways I spend mine too.

Don, looking at your stable, you've got better paying TDY than I do!!!:D

Very nice upgrade, most of my parts are from CJ Pony Parts as well and have all been great quality and nice price! I am going to do a NASA hood and upgrade to Ram Air once I figure out what powerplant I am going to build. Very nice job!

1_12_09_14_10_32_45.png

- Nik

how much is the ram air kit running? I have a ram air hood but none of the parts, just the honeycomb block off plates. does the kit come with everything you need??

Thanks Kevin

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Lookin' good, Marty. TDY $$ is cool.

Korea can be fun - I spent a few weeks in Osan, Pusan and Taegu a lifetime ago. Do you know where you're headed yet?

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Looks good, that's a nice mod.

Oddly enough my sisters are in south Korea teaching english.

Jayson

504x177https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4398/36319488731_8f2a376549_z.jpg[/img]

73 Mach 1 Mustang

89 Dodge Shadow ES

94 Jeep Wrangler

Good job Marty! Totally agree with the cool factor and CJ Pony hook up! I too recently picked up a kit from CJ's and hopefully will be installing it by the end of this year. Thanks for your services to our Country and also to any other retired and active military personnel that reads this.

DJ