Progressive ignition (electronic timing curve). Anyone use one? Looks cool.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting ready to start some upgrades and have also looked into these.   I'm having problems finding any real independent ratings or reviews. 

I know yours is working well but before I consider putting out that kind of money I would like to find more input from people that have them. In your research did you come across any other reviews other than on their website?  

I am getting ready to start some upgrades and have also looked into these.   I'm having problems finding any real independent ratings or reviews. 

I know yours is working well but before I consider putting out that kind of money I would like to find more input from people that have them. In your research did you come across any other reviews other than on their website?  
I had actually heard about Progression Ignition initially through a 3rd party YouTube video.  They were doing an install on a 351w, if I remember correctly.  I remember thinking how slick the setup looked, and the YouTuber also gave it rave reviews.  I can't remember what I paid exactly at the time, but it was north of $400.  I believe they sell for over $500 now.  I understand the hesitancy and simply diving in.  But for comparison, a Duraspark swap with the dizzy, box, and harness will probably at least run you close to that.  As would an MSD setup, etc.  Not to mention, you will never get such advanced features with any other setup.  So I figured, why not?

I will also say, the unit has been flawless.  I have reached out to the owner a few times with questions, and he is always prompt to respond.  After I had purchased the unit, I had inquired about buying a male cap.  He just sent me one, free of charge.  Super nice guy!

I had actually heard about Progression Ignition initially through a 3rd party YouTube video.  They were doing an install on a 351w, if I remember correctly.  I remember thinking how slick the setup looked, and the YouTuber also gave it rave reviews.  I can't remember what I paid exactly at the time, but it was north of $400.  I believe they sell for over $500 now.  I understand the hesitancy and simply diving in.  But for comparison, a Duraspark swap with the dizzy, box, and harness will probably at least run you close to that.  As would an MSD setup, etc.  Not to mention, you will never get such advanced features with any other setup.  So I figured, why not?

I will also say, the unit has been flawless.  I have reached out to the owner a few times with questions, and he is always prompt to respond.  After I had purchased the unit, I had inquired about buying a male cap.  He just sent me one, free of charge.  Super nice guy!
Thanks for the follow up.  I currently have a Duraspark with MSD setup.  I like the idea of being able to change the timing so easily along with the other features the Progression Ignition offers.  I guess I'll add it on the "to get list" along with the new Addco sway bars and the Classic Auto Air unit.  

Thanks for the follow up.  I currently have a Duraspark with MSD setup.  I like the idea of being able to change the timing so easily along with the other features the Progression Ignition offers.  I guess I'll add it on the "to get list" along with the new Addco sway bars and the Classic Auto Air unit.  
No problem.  Last summer I did the Progression Ignition swap and Classic Auto Air install.  I also had the free time to drop the toploader to replace all seals and gaskets.  I had plenty of time on my hands due to COVID.

I should mention two of my favorite features of Progression Ignition.  First, I can set my idle timing really low without it impacting anything else.  For example, I have timing set at 10 degrees BTDC at idle, but I have it set to be all in at 36 degrees by 2800 RPM.  By dropping timing really low at idle, I get a nice and smooth idle without the eye burning exhaust.  And I don't sacrifice performance, since the timing curve bumps up instantly off idle.  Second, I never have to use the manual choke on the carb anymore.  If RPM dips below idle, the unit bumps up the timing to increase idle speed to compensate.

Back