Steering wheel nut torque spec

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is something I have noticed with steering wheel adapters.  I hate to say it but the one I have had the best luck with is a billet CJ pony parts house brand one. I have had to cut some down on the lathe because of how far they go down the taper on the steering shaft causing binding.

That is something I have noticed with steering wheel adapters.  I hate to say it but the one I have had the best luck with is a billet CJ pony parts house brand one. I have had to cut some down on the lathe because of how far they go down the taper on the steering shaft causing binding.
Can you provide a link so I know the correct one? Which steering wheels will work with it?

CJ part number STWA65-V  

Fair warning I did have to take a skim cut on the lathe to make it clear the steering column, but it is the least crappy adapter I have found.
Lol. Ill look into it. I'm sure the adapter I have is not going to pop off but there is really isn't anything more I can do with it except crank it down as far as I can to the point that it still let's me rotate the wheel...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back