Ignition switch 73 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your talking the module with the electric plug not the actual "key" tumbler, unfortunately it cannot be done. Dropping the column is actually quite simple. Just be careful with loosening and tightening the attachment nuts, the studs easily break off the column.

Thanks, Jay

If your talking the module with the electric plug not the actual "key" tumbler, unfortunately it cannot be done. Dropping the column is actually quite simple. Just be careful with loosening and tightening the attachment nuts, the studs easily break off the column.

Thanks, Jay
I am talking about just the mod at the bottom. I don't want to undo more than I have to so which bolts have to be undone? Would I have to disconnect it from the steering box also?

You need to remove the lower column trim and the bracket holding the column to the brake pedal support bracket. It'll only drop down a couple inches, but that's enough to replace the switch and perform the adjustment before buttoning it back up. 

Thanks, Jay
Second the warning "Just be careful with loosening and tightening the attachment nuts, the studs easily break off the column." It happened to me! I ended up using it with one nut until I removed the column and welded the stud back in place.

Back