Throttle linkage mount for Edelbrock performer 289 intake and 1405 carb. Need help!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
Anyone have a good throttle cable mount solution for this? Edelbrock adapters are junk….I had to make my own out of roofing straps from Home Depot….my throttle cable is all the way out over valve cover and I had to make my own cable mount…..

71 302 C4 auto

edlebrock performer 289 intake

1405 carb

Edelbrock kick down linkage adapter, throttle bracket adapter and ball mount kit….

7EE0E768-4460-4D2E-839C-E36866DEFF5E.jpeg

8390D3C7-3F92-4073-A993-2767D71F610E.jpeg

I'm running a Holley 4 barrel carb and a edlebrock performer rpm intake. I'm also using a lokar throttle cable and kickdown cable. I didnt have any issues with mounting the cable.
If you can't find anything, maybe its less headache to swap over to a different throttle cable and get more options.

I don't think that there is a good aftermarket solution to the Edelbrock carb throttle cable and kickdown situation. There are no good solutions, you have to make you own, which makes no sense as there are millions of automatic transmission equipped ford cars with Edelbrock/Carter carbs. A Holley is much easier to do as Holley does have a simple solution for the Ford Kickdown. Here is a solution someone did on another forum with a Ford Granada throttle bracket:
https://www.fordmuscleforums.com/threads/accelerator-linkage.553561/

Back