Car Name

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach I
Just wondering.  How many members gave their car a name?  For myself, I've owned my 71 Mach since new and my family, friends and myself have always refered to it as, "The Mach".  I do have other friends with Mustangs who also given them names.  What do you call yours?

Mac

Mine was named Lazarus because it was raised from the dead. 

When I was in high school, my math teacher referred to my 72 Red Grande as a "Moosestang".  I felt it appropriate to name my recent aquisition,  "Moose".

Would I be labeled as politically incorrect if I named it "PoonStang"?
While it might not sit well with some, it would just be embarrassing if it didn't live up to the name.

Going to on officially name mine “Marilyn” after the sweet 82 year old lady I met in Miami who was selling another 71 Grabber Blue convertible(351)  Sadly I could not buy hers, it was a complete rust bucket and twisted from a rear end accident.  But I did have a great adventure and this car will always be attached to that memory.

ACFBE2AD-C22E-4F84-9902-FF3442BD4B5C.jpeg

3457F32E-4C68-4CBF-9A39-78BE329FBFBE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a total nutcase, I sometimes talk to my cars while alone in garage busy on them, but never gave them any name.
I use "green lady" sometimes when I say to friends I took my 73 for a spin... but having a second green lady in the making,
I realise I'll have an issue soon and might need give them a name after all ! :D

As you guys gave them/it a name, did you push and mark them with it? Painted, sticker, engraved??

Back