Car Name

Just wondering.  How many members gave their car a name?  For myself, I've owned my 71 Mach since new and my family, friends and myself have always refered to it as, "The Mach".  I do have other friends with Mustangs who also given them names.  What do you call yours?

Mac

Muscletang.... coined by my son

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Mine was named Lazarus because it was raised from the dead. 

• Like 2

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

5 hours ago, Animal Lawyer said:

Would I be labeled as politically incorrect if I named it "PoonStang"?

While it might not sit well with some, it would just be embarrassing if it didn't live up to the name.

• Like 1

My wife named my mustang "The Mistress" due to the amount of my time and money I invest in it. I just call my Q code "The Sled".

• Like 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

I've called mine The Breeze after an old Skynyrd tune. "They call me the breeze, I just keep rollin' down the road"  A lot of my friends name their cars after songs or movies, kind of a local thing. 

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Going to on officially name mine “Marilyn” after the sweet 82 year old lady I met in Miami who was selling another 71 Grabber Blue convertible(351)  Sadly I could not buy hers, it was a complete rust bucket and twisted from a rear end accident.  But I did have a great adventure and this car will always be attached to that memory.

ACFBE2AD-C22E-4F84-9902-FF3442BD4B5C.jpeg

3457F32E-4C68-4CBF-9A39-78BE329FBFBE.jpeg

Edited by RIBS
  • Like 1

Like a total nutcase, I sometimes talk to my cars while alone in garage busy on them, but never gave them any name.
I use "green lady" sometimes when I say to friends I took my 73 for a spin... but having a second green lady in the making,
I realise I'll have an issue soon and might need give them a name after all ! :D

As you guys gave them/it a name, did you push and mark them with it? Painted, sticker, engraved??

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Names are for dogs, cats and horses. The only reference my car gets is 'scar maker'.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

On 7/17/2021 at 9:42 PM, Don C said:

Names are for dogs, cats and horses. The only reference my car gets is 'scar maker'.

My motto is... No job is done until there's bloodshed. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

4 hours ago, droptop73 said:

My motto is... No job is done until there's bloodshed. 

Yeah, I keep plenty of shop bandages (blue paper shop towels, duct tape and black electrical tape) on hand.:whistling:

• Like 2

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Mine inherited the name The Antichrist from an old Jeep I had that earned the name. I'm been told over and over that some people might find that offensive, so we'll see if a new name lands on it. Also the car was really rough when I got it, so that name worked. It's less of a pile now. 

• Like 1

image.png.c5a82cdc270542869e213815ec368140.png   72 Fastback - 351C-4V, Fitech EFI, T56 Magnum 6 Speed, FiTech EFI, 8.8 / 4.10 LSD Rear end, discs all around. Fancy rattle can paint job.