Car Name

Unofficially, I have called my car "Mary", as that was the name of the lead character in the movie the car was used in, and she signed the glove box door.....but usually just refer to it as "the Mustang".

mary death 5.png

Bounty Killer Mustang 6.jpg

Bounty Killer  Mary 1.jpg

Edited by Spike Morelli
  • Like 1

Our '73 is named "Wanda".  Bought her in Orlando & had to drive her back to St Louis, basically sight unseen.  Drove her off the lot to find the steering so bad that she "wanda'd" thru the smallest turn.  On the highway she required 1300 miles of hands-on focus to keep her in the lane, leaving us to "Wanda" why we ever bought her.  She really is a good, solid, un-rusted car so we really do think she is "wanda"ful.  New rag-joint and alignment & she is good as new.

“Audri” for my grand-niece who inherits the car. It gives me a goal: to finish by the time she gets a drivers license.

And I just ordered vanity plates today, the 60s California black with yellow lettering. A guy down the street has a 68 Camaro SS in orange, trimmed in white. He got the black plate with yellow letters, too, but painted the letters orange. Lame (lol)

Mine originally was 'The Rustang.'  But after I got it back from the painter, my wife said I can't call it that anymore.  I asked what she suggested, and she said, "Frankenstang."  Since I brought it back from the dead... using some parts from other cars... and under the hood you can still see some of the 'scars' (welds) from when I put him back together.

Seems fair enough to me.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

On 9/20/2021 at 9:35 PM, Spike Morelli said:

.....but usually just refer to it as "the Mustang".

It may be because I'm not very creative but I too just call ours "The Mustang".....  seems to fit it well.... :cool:

I have had three of them over the years and they all had the same name: "The Mustang" !

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

My first 71-73 Mustang restoration, a 1972 Mach 1. She was dubbed "Kermit" for obvious reasons. 

PICT0110.jpg

• Like 1

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg