I need info on a car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2002 Triumph Trophy
1972 Mustang Grande
1954 Ford F100
Does this car belong to any of you or did it? Please look at the rear spoiler and tell me who makes it. I have a 69 camaro spoiler that I plan on modifying to do the exact same thing, do you think that is what that is? Is that not a fantastic looking car?

72 Mustang Convertible

Yeah, spooler looks pretty good. Makes the truck lid a little 'fat' though.

Nice looking car. Really the wrong wheels for it.

Not much description. No pictures of the motor.

I saw one on a 70 mustang but it was not as smooth a job as this one. I think that the guy missed up and used bondo on this one though. I will not make that mistake.

That's because it had a small block chevy in it.

That's because it had a small block chevy in it.

LOL Now that is funny. It came with a 302 but of course no mention in the ad. I already called the guy and asked for info and photos. I was able to print a few for future records.

That's the spoiler I've always wanted on my car too! I've had it in my head for 30 years now. Maybe, just maybe, if I ever get my car to my place where I can start working on it...

Just give me a few months. When I do it and it works I may just have the body shop stamp about a dozen of them just to see what happens.

I find this very hard to believe from the listing:

Condition Report

Original Paint

No Visible Dents

No Visible Rust

No Known Bodywork

Fully Detailed

Does this car belong to any of you or did it? Please look at the rear spoiler and tell me who makes it. I have a 69 camaro spoiler that I plan on modifying to do the exact same thing, do you think that is what that is? Is that not a fantastic looking car?

72 Mustang Convertible
It's a Duck tail spoiler they make them for late models maybe someone custom fitted that one.

I find this very hard to believe from the listing:

Condition Report

Original Paint

No Visible Dents

No Visible Rust

No Known Bodywork

Fully Detailed
Yeah, you and I know thats horsecrap if for no other reason than the paint job is not original and the spoiler mentioned had a oops with bondo that can be seen from a mile away.

What I did was I bought a new spoiler for a 1969 Camaro. Its exactly the right length and shape, is just does not have the proper curve for the trunk lid. Hence the large gap in the one on the photo. What I am going to try to do is shape the spoiler with a band saw to get the proper curve in the bottom. If that does not appear to work I am going to have a buddy put it in his powder coat oven and heat it enough to bend it into the right shape. Either way, I am going to have a spoiler on my trunk lid and not the one used on the Mach. It looks great on the fastback but not on the coupe IIMHO.

I saw a custom ducktail on a 73 mach 1 once. It also had a custom tail light panel with 67 shelby style tail lights and extensive fab work done to the bumper and rear valance with center rectangular exhaust tips, looked very nice actually.

Back