Got burned... literally

John, 

I am so sorry to read this and how it went with your health! I hope you can recover soon - what a trip you made, horrible! Perhaps you had some luck that it not went further... All the best, bud, and keep going!!!!!!!

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Damn sorry to hear this!! Glad you made it out, could of been much worse. There will be lots of car shows, take time and heal up! 

• Like 1

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

I'm really sorry to hear about your accident.  Hope you have a fast recovery and there isn't any long-term pain as you mentioned.  Considering the situation it could have been a lot worse if you would have gotten your face burnt with no one around.  

If I was closer I be willing to help you out and take "your car" to the car shows. :biggrin:

Get well and try to stay safe. 

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

John, I'm so sorry to have read about this unfortunate accident, but so glad you were able to get the treatment (finally) to get you on the mend. I really hope there are no long term complications. Please keep us up on your recovery.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

I am glad you are here to tell us the story. I am very sorry and hope you get well soon. That is certainly a combination of a lot of things going wrong at the same time.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

The quick thinking and getting into the lake probably helped a lot.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and do not have more long term pain. 

Man that's terrible! So unlucky, what a nightmare! Hope you'll get better fast my friend!

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Thanks for all the kind words guys, very much appreciated! Been hurting pretty bad last couple days after they took out the staples. And getting another prescription for pain meds was a bit of a pain, lol, but I got it taken care of. Anyway, thanks again!

John - 72 Q Code

All I can think of is DAAAMMMN. Here's to a speedy recovery.

‚ÄúIf you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.‚ÄĚ

--Albert Einstein

I hope you recover quickly, a terrible accident for sure. Chuck

OUCH ! ! !  :classic_huh:  .. That doesn't sound like a good day--
A good job we (from these forums)  weren't at your house on 4th July-- otherwise you would have gone to hospital wrapped in oily lint cloths, dynamat and duct tape :whistling:

I hope all heals well and quick... 

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

OMG!!  That hurts just to read about it.  I can't imagine how bad it was for you.  I'm glad to hear you are on the mend, and hope you recover quickly.

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Sorry to hear about your accident. Burns are never fun to deal with. Get well quick. I have heard good things about that hospital.  Since that the hospital is in  Detroit they have some of the best ER doctors around. They have seen it all!

John J

Edited by John J

I feel like I lived your story, and it hurt!!  Take care sir, you will recover from this in time. God speed to your healing.

Rod and Sally

WOW!!! Sir you are a very tough MAN!! Praying for you that you heal quickly and make a full and complete recovery.

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

It sounds like you really had your wits about you during the accident. Sorry to hear it happened, and I also with you a speedy recovery with no long term pain.

Steve

Thanks for more well wishes guys.  I actually took the Mach out for a drive to make me feel better, and it worked! Best I felt all day.

• Like 1

John - 72 Q Code