Metal tag behind rear seat.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredensborg

I like music, languages, weaponry, and freedom.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
Anyone ever find something like this? While taking out the rear seats to look for a legible build sheet (still no luck) we found a small pile of agates, a nickel, a label from a pop bottle and this…a metal tag clipped to the rear seat-back. Anyone know anything about these? The only number I see that makes sense is the date 4-25-73. 

3C0DA672-F636-40EC-A91F-032D5C97EE2E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's typically found in most Mustangs: it is the manufacturer of the seat's tag.

I know there is a tag on my car's rear seat and it also has tags on the front seats. I only bothered to take a pic of a front seat tag. This one has Ford's ID number.

IMG_3372.1.JPG

Most of the build sheets were under the carpet. My 73 I bought new was actually under the sound deadening mat and could not be salvaged. The second day I had the car it rained and roof rail leaked and 2" of water in rear floor where the build sheet was. I pulled the carpet a couple years ago to clean the car up and found it. Wish it was good they put the wrong rear in my car at the factory would liked to have seen what was on the build sheet. They put the small U-joint rear in and I broke it 3 times under warranty.
On of my build sheets on another car was stuffed inside the drivers seat riser under the carpet. Was in horrible shape but in one piece.

DSC_0943.JPG

DSC_0945.JPG

Back