Can anyone tell me how to install this clip?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It goes through a hole in the floor pan on the driver's side and holds up the gas line.  Thanks, -Chris

View attachment 53309
That's the correct fuel line clip on the driver side fuel line. It mounts in the height of the driver seat where the driver's feet goes down, on the rocker. You mount it on the fuel line, the clip to the hole in the rocker, which is there. Then you push it upwards into the hole with some pliers without pushing the clip jaws togehter. When you have the clip fully in, then push the clip's jaws togehter and the clip will hold on its own it it's position. The purpose of this clip is that there is no screw tip pointing towards the driver's feet through the floor or carpet. All other clips are with a screw because the do not point into any direction where a passenger sits. 

Thanks Tim.  I ordered this part from NPD after removing the identical old one when I replaced my fuel line.  I just wasn't sure how to re-install it.  To me it looked like the the attachment piece was installed backward, but I guess it's right.  I'll give it a try and shoot a photo installed.

-Chris

Thanks Tim.  I ordered this part from NPD after removing the identical old one when I replaced my fuel line.  I just wasn't sure how to re-install it.  To me it looked like the the attachment piece was installed backward, but I guess it's right.  I'll give it a try and shoot a photo installed.

-Chris
Same here  :thumb:  

Have all the new fuel and brake hard lines installed now with the screws, ordered the whole hardware package from Don Ohio Mustang, the clip was included. Will do the clip the next days, too, and take a photo. But must close 2 holes first, they are from somewhat unknown in the past, under the fuel line. The way I described the installation is how it was as I removed the original clip from my car, the new ones are the same. 

-Chris
I installed this clip just as directed by Tim- pushing into the hole and with pliers and squeezing the tabs together.  Two photos below.  From underneath the car and from the footwell:

20210726_170631.jpg

20210726_172158.jpg

Back