A/c Comparisons

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B229218

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 521 c.j.

Has anyone compare the performance of a factory AC box to The aftermarket offerings

Are you looking for a comparison on fitment or how cold is it?

I had "factory" air before I upgraded to the Classic Auto Air one. The only reason I did it is because I burn the compressor and clogged the evaporator. So since I was going to be removing the box and other stuff I decided it was time to get the new one. Here are my thoughts:

Pros of CAA:

-Less bulky and lighter compressor. The engine bay opens up a little but definitely not a stock look if that's what you are going for.

-No vacuum actuators nor vacuum lines = cleaner install overall

Cons if CAA:

-No air inlet from the outside.

-Look of A/C controls not stock. However, another member in here came up with an idea to change the face of the controls to match our Mustang look.

Subjective:

-Efficiency???? It makes you think that a newer system should be more efficient. When the compressor kicks in it seems to load the engine a bit less. I think both were about as cold, but I don't live in a very hot area.

Very interesting notes, I am comparing efficiency from factory box. For 1,000$ old air sells "front end" kit, but utilizes stock box internals, stage II includes upgraded evap, full system from c.a.a. or old air products 1600$ but new box. 

Thank you for the reach out, I have rebuilt entire dash a/c box, flushed out evap/core, ect.  I think of going with original air firewall forward upgrade kit.

Very interesting notes, I am comparing efficiency from factory box. For 1,000$ old air sells "front end" kit, but utilizes stock box internals, stage II includes upgraded evap, full system from c.a.a. or old air products 1600$ but new box. 

Thank you for the reach out, I have rebuilt entire dash a/c box, flushed out evap/core, ect.  I think of going with original air firewall forward upgrade kit.
BTW. If interested I am selling the stock A/C components.

Back