Are you looking for a comparison on fitment or how cold is it?

I had "factory" air before I upgraded to the Classic Auto Air one. The only reason I did it is because I burn the compressor and clogged the evaporator. So since I was going to be removing the box and other stuff I decided it was time to get the new one. Here are my thoughts:

Pros of CAA:

-Less bulky and lighter compressor. The engine bay opens up a little but definitely not a stock look if that's what you are going for.

-No vacuum actuators nor vacuum lines = cleaner install overall

Cons if CAA:

-No air inlet from the outside.

-Look of A/C controls not stock. However, another member in here came up with an idea to change the face of the controls to match our Mustang look.

Subjective:

-Efficiency???? It makes you think that a newer system should be more efficient. When the compressor kicks in it seems to load the engine a bit less. I think both were about as cold, but I don't live in a very hot area.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Very interesting notes, I am comparing efficiency from factory box. For 1,000$ old air sells "front end" kit, but utilizes stock box internals, stage II includes upgraded evap, full system from c.a.a. or old air products 1600$ but new box. 

Thank you for the reach out, I have rebuilt entire dash a/c box, flushed out evap/core, ect.  I think of going with original air firewall forward upgrade kit.

1 minute ago, JJU9507 said:

Very interesting notes, I am comparing efficiency from factory box. For 1,000$ old air sells "front end" kit, but utilizes stock box internals, stage II includes upgraded evap, full system from c.a.a. or old air products 1600$ but new box. 

Thank you for the reach out, I have rebuilt entire dash a/c box, flushed out evap/core, ect.  I think of going with original air firewall forward upgrade kit.

BTW. If interested I am selling the stock A/C components.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes