Questions for you C-4 guys?

With Covid my 1973 vert just sat in the shop. I had couple guys come to look at parts last week so I got them to help me push it over to the lift. When we moved it big puddle of automatic transmission fluid on the floor.
The last time I drove it looked like I had a coolant leak at one of the connections on the water pump for the heater core. Turned out to be the thermostat housing and I got that done yesterday.
While at the parts store I got a rear seal for the C-4 but I think it is also leaking at the shifter. Yes this is a 351-C that did not come with a C-4 but the PO swapped out the FMX for a C-4 with shift kit. Works great just need to stop some of the dripping. The car sat for 27 years which is not good for seals.
Can I change the seal on the shifter without removing pan or transmission? I have never worked on automatic other than change fluid and filter.
I wanted to drive it to the Mustang Owner's Museum this weekend for the delayed Mustang Day celebration. Not going for all three days spent too much on travel already this year.

Headed to shop to put on lift and take a look at leaks.

Thanks for any suggestions or links to the repair.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Looks like I answered my question. There is a video on youtube showing how to change the shift seal. Here is link if anyone is also looking. Not difficult just have to pull the pan and the valve body out.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Yep. It can be a pain getting the kickdown linkage and shifter linkage lined up in relation to the valve body, but is otherwise a pretty straightforward job.

Plain Jane | 1971 F Code Coupe 302/C4 Automatic

Goin' to Town Rig | 1971 F100 Ranger XLT LWB 390FE/C6 Automatic

Commuter | 2018 Tesla Model 3 Midrange RWD

If you know a veterinarian you might want to borrow a pair of their shoulder length rubber gloves and wear a rain coat and face shield. No matter how long you let it set and drip dry you'll still get rained on by fluid when you start removing screws and nuts on the valve body. 

• LOL 2

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein