Special Periodic Award Fun Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
As promised, here is the Periodic Award Fun Question. The first person to respond correctly will receive VIP membership (a 25$ value). If a current VIP member is the "winner", he/she will receive a 25$ postal money order. The correct response is readily available on this site; you only have to look it up!

The Award Fun Question for this period will require the development of the information found on a Warranty Plate utilizing the following:

The car in question is a Gold Glow 1973 Mach I with a knitted vinyl medium ginger interior. The car was assembled at the Dearborn factory and ordered through the Pittsburgh District Sales Office. It has a 302-2V engine with an FMX transmission and a 3:00:1 Open rear end. It was the twentieth car made at the plant for that year.

For your convenience, I have "lined up" the blocks that need to be filled with the correct response. The correct response will have All the blocks filled with the correct informaiton.

VIN:

Body Style Code:

Exterior Paint:

Interior Trim:

Axle Ratio:

Transmission Code:

District Sales Office Code:

Good Luck!

BT

Mike,

According to the source, you are very close but not quite "on the money" with your responses.

BT

The "source" for the correct responses to this question is located on this site at the "Data" forum as it pertains to the 1973 Mustangs. According to that source, the DSO for Pittsburgh is "14."

That having been said, I have reviewed another source which seems to indicate both 14 and 38 as being correct for the Pittsburgh's DSO.

With that in mind, I have made the decision to accept the previous response from MIKES73STANG as being correct in its entirety - - OUTSTANDING job, Mike!

I will be taking action to have Mike's member status updated to VIP as soon as possible.

BT

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I should have used the data link at the top, but I used several other sources. DSO codes seem to be somewhat contradictory depending where you look. I've seen some sites that list Pittsburg as 14 for 1964-1968, then 38 until 1971, and then not even showing Pittsburg, so who really knows? On top of that, it seems they may have changed codes during a model year, and used codes not officially listed until the next year. Very confusing.

gongrats Mike and welcome to the vip members join us in the lounge real soon for some caviar and brandy:cool:
Caviar and brandy? I thought all you guys had was Keystone Light and Tostitos!

Where's my checkbook? I'm joining right now! :D

Save me a spot on one of the velvet recliners, please.

Doc

Actually, I should have used the data link at the top, but I used several other sources. DSO codes seem to be somewhat contradictory depending where you look. I've seen some sites that list Pittsburg as 14 for 1964-1968, then 38 until 1971, and then not even showing Pittsburg, so who really knows? On top of that, it seems they may have changed codes during a model year, and used codes not officially listed until the next year. Very confusing.
I know what you mean. There are conflicting descriptions depending on where you get the code info. I think the info we have here is as close to "correct" as I've seen. Anyway, again, congrats!

Doc

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Mike! Your status has been changed to VIP member! I'll PM you soon with your new email account details!

gongrats Mike and welcome to the vip members join us in the lounge real soon for some caviar and brandy:cool:
Caviar and brandy? I thought all you guys had was Keystone Light and Tostitos!

Where's my checkbook? I'm joining right now! :D

Save me a spot on one of the velvet recliners, please.
Well, I WAS going to get out my checkbook, but when caviar and brandy were mentioned (and not the Keystone Light and Tostitos), I suddenly lost my motivation. Let me know when the kegerator and chip bowl are once again full and I'll make my way back. :D

Back