RIP Dusty Hill

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
On the radio back from my garage I heard about the passing of ZZ Top's bassist Dusty Hill today, very sad news. Been my favorite band for over 30 years, seem 'm live 3 times and got the ZZ hangin' off my Mustang's keys. I do believe they hold the record for the band with longest original members, that timer has now stopped...

Sad.

Sad to hear, that has always been one of my favorite bands. I finally got to see them perform live 2 years ago at the Marysville Ohio Balloon festival - A local annual shindig at the county airport. They did 2 sets and put on a great show, even for a small Ohio farming community.

There is a really good documentary about them. Well worth seeing.

So sad to hear. Back in the 80's, when I lived in Michigan, they played Pine Knob which is an outdoor venue. Show was sold out but my friends and I drove up there and scaled the fence at the back of the hill and got to see them. 

Back