Another new guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford guy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm another new guy.  Bought a 1971 Mach 1 about 1 1/2 yeara ago and have been working on it ever since.  I went to a Mustang show yesterday near St. Louis, and learned about this forum. Why did I buy a 71?  Because of nostaglia.  I bought a 1971 Mach 1 in 1971 after returning from overseas, but had to sell it 2 years later.  Always wanted it back.  So I have been looking for one like it:  Mach 1, 351Cleveland 4V, 4 speed toploader, Mach 1 interior, tachometer, ram air.  Found one last year in NC, and went out there and brought it back on a trailer.  When I got it home we foung metal shavings in the oil, and when we dropped the oil pan, an acorn.  Just got it back from the body shop, replaced the entire back end, quarters, etc.  

I will attach a few pictures.  Where do I list my cars?

Thanks

1971 engine bay.jpg

1971 Mach 1.jpg

Welcome from MInnesota, the car looks great! Nice and clean. If you click the "Garage" button towards the top of the page, you can add it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude! I was there with the Mexican Mustang (I assume u went to Pundmann Ford). There are a few others on this forum that are from this area. Welcome!

Welcome from North Carolina. Now bring the car back too many are leaving here, lol.
I was at a show last Friday and had a guy from Virginia want to buy my 73 vert. I told him I had turned down $21,000 and just said well how much will it take, lol. I do not really want to sell the only one I have on the road right now.
Here is mine I am original owner I ordered new. Was driving into the Mustang Owner's Museum. This was first time it had ran in 38 years and was not torn down.

View attachment Preview video-1555166327 (3).mp4

Back