Help with wiper switch wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

I need some help to where the wires go. I would like to set it up to test outside of the car.  

I have a remade cardone viper motor 4 wires.  red blue white black.

Battery
Hi motor
Low motor
Washer pump
Ground
Motor  power
Motor  Park

This is taken from backside of the switch could somebody just put the numbers on the right place.  Forget the old harness, think of new installation :)

wiper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can add that the switch is a bit strange, if a wiggle it a bit between low and high I can make the wipers stop. Has it gone bad ?

Thanks, but I dont have the orginal harness installed.  So I need to now how to connect it from scratch without the original harness. Ground , battery etc.

Using the original diagram along with the pin out diagram will get you where you need to be. Connector C901 - the pinout diagram, is the switch itself. 

WIPER_WIRING.JPG

As shown in the wiring diagram and pinouts, #1 in your picture is circuit 941, black with white stripe wire, runs to the windshield washer motor. #2 is circuit 297, black with light green hash wire, provides power to the switch for the motor, comes from the switch block. #3 is circuit 63, the red wire, runs to the red wire on the motor. #4 is circuit 58, white wire runs to the white wire on the motor.  #5 is circuit 28, the black with pink dots wire, runs to the black wire on the motor. #6 is circuit 56, the dark blue with orange stripe wire, runs to the blue wire on the motor. #7 is the white with purple wire, comes from the fuse block to provide power to the washer.

The wiper motor is grounded through the brass strap that connects to one of the mounting tabs.

Back