Deluxe door panel question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
I am replacing standard door panels with Deluxe panels. Basically I got a pile of parts. There is a silver metal line that separates the lower carpet from the upper vinyl. My silver trim had no attachment clips, how do I attach it? Normal door clips? APC manufactured it, but have been silent when reaching out to tech support.

thanks!

Look and see if there are some "prongs" that bend out from the back of the trim pieces.  You push them through the carpet where it meets the vinyl and then bend them flush.   

Look and see if there are some "prongs" that bend out from the back of the trim pieces.  You push them through the carpet where it meets the vinyl and then bend them flush.   
Do those tabs have a tendency to break?

Thanks, I removed the metal from its wrapper, put on a pair of reading glasses, and DAMMMM   There’s prongs!

They are tiny precision cut prongs but they are there! I did not see them in the basement light….

3EC52CFA-9E5C-498D-A453-03912DC2C4CD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bend those out at a 90 and push through the carpet as I mentioned and then bend back flush.  There should be some holes in the panel where they will go through.  You can see mine bent over in the attached photo. As Mike mentioned they will break if you flex them back and forth to many times.  

20200612_162217_resized_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a FYI - depending on where you got your panels from you may have to make some modifications to the door clip slots along with some other adjustment to the door handles to get them to fit right.  

Was looking for your post on the R.H. door jam. I got some pictures of the one I have in a 1972 Mustang vert parts car in the shop. I had to climb over stuff piled on it and you can see is right against the back shop door that I never use. It looks solid. The round plugs you see are from Ziebart that was a rust preventative that they drilled holes and shot hot wax inside. If you can come up and help with the removal it can be had, I cannot move the cars around without help. I have sawsall that is best way to get it off. I think the other side is bent and is rusty.

20210815_155320.jpg

20210815_155326.jpg

20210815_155332.jpg

20210815_155343.jpg

20210815_155348.jpg

20210815_155353.jpg

Back