Any interest in being part of the Ford Mustang- 1rst Generation Podcast-early years?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible.
Restoring and fixing as I go.
I've subscribed and been listening to the 1rst generation -podcast and  really enjoy the content .  Noticed lots of mentioning of  the earlier years Mustang 65-70 .  But noticed there has not been much content of the 71-73 year of vehicles , and I recall some discussions in the past that seems that there is a polarization (like/dislike) of these particular year (71-73 series) of vehicles.

I reached out to Doug Sadler and he would be  interested in  setting up a group conversation to discuss our vehicles  and the love /hate relationship of the 71-73 mustangs.

Do we have any experts in our group who we would like to represent our forum in that  group discussion ( need 3 to 6 volunteers ) and maybe 2- to 3 talking points.

Any volunteers?   If you would like to reach out you can PM me as well.

1973_Mustang_Conv

Any ideas for talking points  (2-3) ? 

I was thinking of the following but would love additional ideas, thoughts.

1) What we love about the 71 - 73 Mustangs . 

2)  Is there a  perception that the 71-73 Mustangs are  unloved or is it something else?

3)  How can we get the 71-73 mustang community recognized ?

I believe the main reason the '71 - '73 Mustangs are looked down on by some is the mis-perception that they are Clydesdales, bloated, etc. I would prepare some graphics showing what the actual sizes and weights evolution are from '65 to '73, and especially compare them to '69 and '70s and to modern day Mustangs.

Some discussions of improvements, such as improved suspensions (no longer any need for the 1" Shelby drop), improved powertrain packages, and amenities may also help.

Thanks Don . Great recommendations !  Definitely will do the research ....I know its in the forums somewhere :)

Would you be interested in being one of the individuals in the podcast discussion? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but no thanks. I retired (well, semi-retired) from all of that a few years ago, presentations at conferences, in-house training, guest lectures at university, and so on. Takes an enormous amount of preparation that I just don't have the energy for. I'll help provide information, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back