Mustang script removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XLRACER

Reaction score
Removing the script from the Fenders was easy but the one on the truck lid is a different story. How the heck do you get it off without breaking the script or damaging the trunk lid? 

If it is a script with pins that go into barrels that push into the metal panel, then use dental floss to get between the script and the body and pull straight out. 

The old woman's trick I use: 2 plastic (credit)cards. I cut on one the short side with a knife 45deg to have a chamfer. once underneath, the second card under the first one. I repeat around and at some point you can use a flat piece of wood (I use the ones DIY shops give away to mix paint) in between the two cards for additional lift once you have some space all around. They key is to have some kind of movement on all 3 pins as they corrode and stick with the clips.

I don't believe dental floss would have worked on my grandé scripts. may be because I use regular dental floss and no metallic wire :D

Back