So you thought you had a bad day working on your Mustang!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoo boy.

At least he didn't hit the house or get T-boned. That's a why you chock your wheels. I wonder what fell off of the bottom?

I'll bet the neighbor was pissed about the lawn.
I think what fell off the bottom was the neighbor's mailbox!  :classic_biggrin:

Hoo boy.

At least he didn't hit the house or get T-boned. That's a why you chock your wheels. I wonder what fell off of the bottom?

I'll bet the neighbor was pissed about the lawn.
Totally. I chock everything after going through the garage door of my old shop hanging out the window of a friend's son's Focus. Replaced the starter and leaned in to give it a test, but you had to disconnect the shift linkage to get the starter out. Car started in drive and moved forward. Tried to shut it off, but key was broken and fell out of the ignition and the ebrake didn't work. Went through the 12' wide door. $100 job cost me $800 in panels.     :classic_angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of the time in my younger years.  Had a 70  Nova with  4 speed and was out having a few one night.  Got out at the last stop for the night and didn't get the brake set and dumb as me left it out of gear for some reason.  Had just purchased a new pair of dress shoes earlier that week.  Took a ride on my toes for about 100 feet before I got back in to stop it.   Luckily no other damage. Back to the shoe store for another pair.   

I actually had an accident about 15 years ago. I was driving a 4runner that sometimes will kick out of gear. I parked at a rental movie place (yes, we used to drive to a place to rent movies back then) to return a movie and didn't apply the e-brake. This took probably a minute and when I came back I didn't see my car parked. When I looked around I see my car going backwards down the driveway and then across the street. Bad luck had its way that a car was driving by and T-boned my truck. The kid in the car couldn't figure out what was going on until I told him that it was my truck but I was not in it. The cops came and they told me they needed to give me a ticket but they needed to look in the book to see what kind of ticket to give me. Eventually they gave me a "Failure to Keep Car Under Control" ticket and fine. I went to the hearing and pleaded not guilty. Eventually the fine was reduced. I think it was like $40 or something.

Back