1971 429 Non Ram Air - Air filter assembly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ
I have been looking for an air cleaner assembly for my 1971 Mach 1. It has the Rochester Q-Jet carb., and came factory as a non-ram air car. I have been unable to locate one on the planet earth for some time now. My options seem to be: 1- Convert to a ram air system (I have a complete Ford factory scoops to fiberglass underhood set-up, plus the Holley flange intake manifold,  but no air cleaner assembly (which I see are reproduced and available), or, 2- Just leave it with the chrome HiPo type that has been with the car since I got it in 1977. 

Another option would be if anyone knows where I could get detailed photos with measurements of an original, MAYBE there is a possibility of finding something that would fit but not be authentic.

Any help here is greatly appreciated!!!

You're indeed not the only one seeking this one year only air cleaner assembly.
If of any help I've got the original one, but for ram-air, dusting together with the rochester and the intake somewhere (not for sale). The pan till the top lip where the sealing rubber is, should be the same as the non ram air version I guess.
I could give you some measurements, picts etc.. next weekend. PM me if no one replies with one for sale or picts of a non ram air version.

Back