New to Forum - Introduction

stank71

Just to introduce myself, I have owned 16 mustangs so far all 69-70 with the exception of an 83 5.0 GT. I am not new to Mustangs but I am new to the 71-73's. Mine was built as a fleet rental car. Originally green 302 car with a tan interior. I bought it like it sits. I will be adding a tach to the dash, new rear springs, ram air assembly, rear Mach 1 trim, tilt column, disc brakes and possibly 15 inch wheels. I have a 351C 4V as a spare that I may replace the stock 302 but I want to drive and enjoy for a bit first. This body style has grown on me and although the outer skin looks different, it seems to be quite similar to the 69-70's underneath. I also have a 41 Studebaker Champion 5 window with a Ford 302 and a 1960 F100 with a 351W. Ford all the way. I live in southwest KY.

140233508_3700675893325222_4576621522651525304_o.jpg

139769175_3700675966658548_3081306073538882163_o.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome from League City, TX!   Very nice ride.  Is this a 72??

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

39 minutes ago, stank71 said:

but I want to drive and enjoy for a bit first.

That's a great plan and easy to stick to with a good looking car like this!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome from Southern Ohio.   Nice looking car.   Sounds like you have a good  plan in place.  You come to the right site for your 71.  Lots of friendly people willing to help and tons of good info.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Hello and a warm welcome form SW Ontario, Canada.

Very nice looking car, doesn't appear to need much other than the things you want to do to it.

As others have mentioned, tach conversion from Bob aka Rocketman at RCCI. (here's a pic of my car's tach conversion).

Rear springs definitely from Eaton Detroit Springs, NPD sell them as well as directly from Eaton's. A long post, but I attached a link to some really good Eaton's videos.

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/topic/36373-an-interesting-and-informative-video-from-eaton-detroit-springs/?do=getNewComment

IMG_0218.1.JPG

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Welcome from NC. Great car, man. 

+1 on the endorsement for the Rocketman tach. 

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

Welcome from west Michigan! Ditto the above... 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from North Idaho.  Body looks nice and straight.  Looking forward to reading about your progress!

"The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter."

-Winston Churchill

Welcome from Western Washington! Great looking car and interesting history.