Recommendations needed for a front drum to front disk conversion kit.

Guys,

I have a H code (351 2v / FMX Auto) with factory drum front and rear brakes.

I'm looking to convert the front to disk brakes and looking for a complete conversion kit that includes a booster that looks as close as possible to the factory 9" booster.

I have found this kit from Master Power Brakes. - https://www.mpbrakes.com/front-brake-conversion-kit/1972-ford-mustang-legend-series-front.asp?catid=8BD4041A924D4A01B66208D7A8EADADA

Has any one use this kit? It looks to be complete and uses the drum spindles.

Any issues?

Any other recommendations for other kits? 

The alternative is a Scott Drake kit. https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-front-power-disc-brake-conversion-kit-automatic-transmission-v8-mustang-1971-1973/p/DBCA134A/

This one looks very much like the MP Brakes kit.

The car is a driver. Not a racer. So single piston callipers is all I need.

Thoughts?

Edited by bdennis

See if Don at Ohio Mustang or Mike at Motor City Mustang have disk brake spindles. Then buy the calipers, hubs, and rotors. Get a new booster from CJ.

Master Power BM15224-1 Mustang Brake Booster Conversion Kit 1971-1973 (cjponyparts.com)

If you're planning on larger wheels you could get the conversion kit from Mustang Steve and use newer Mustang calipers

Front Disc Brake Conversion Brackets Archives - Mustang Steve

• Like 1

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

+1 on Don at Ohio Mustang or Mike at Motorcity Mustang.  Both could probably hook you up with the spindles for disc conversion and the pedal assembly under the dash.  I used a 72 vert for parts for all my conversion. 

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

No it don’t have to change if you keep the same drum manual master cylinder. But if you want to go to power disc brakes then yes you need to swap out the pedal. I kept the under dash bracket and pedal from the 72 I took all the parts from. I haven’t swapped that in yet but hopefully this winter I will get to that. I have been running my drum master cylinder for probably 10 years with disc brakes and haven’t had any trouble.  It takes a little bit of pushing on the pedal to stop but no worse than drum. 

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.